It’s not uncommon to see Epson Printer Error Code 31 on Epson printers. The error code can occur for a variety of reasons, including jammed paper and ink cartridge problems.
Cause of the error 31
There may be some possible reasons for the occurrence of the Epson Printer Error Code 31 like jammed paper, ink cartridge Malfunction, Inadequate Paper Supply, Mishandled Print Head, Miscommunication between Hardware and Software, Printing Large Files, and Ink Cartridge Damage.
Solution to solve the Epson error 31
- Ink cartridges should be reinstalled in your printer
- Turn on your printer using the power button.
- Open the printer by lifting the hood or scanner unit.
- Locate the “Stop” button on the printer’s control panel.
- Use the tab to lift the cartridge from its holder.
- Reinsert the cartridge securely back into the holder.
- Refill Your Epson Ink Tank Properly
- Navigate to the “Setup” menu and select “Maintenance.”
- Choose “Reset Ink Levels” from the options.
- Open the tank cover and remove the ink cap.
- Open the ink refill bottle and fill the tank with the correct color up to the upper line.
- After refilling, replace the ink cap and tank cover.
- Remove the Jammed paper
- Please cancel all the print jobs that are in the queue on your computer.
- Open the front cover of your printer.
- Inspect the interior for any signs of a paper jam, dust, or dirt.
- Carefully pull out the paper, ensuring it doesn’t tear.
- If the paper breaks, remove any fragments left behind.
- Reset Epson Printer
- Cancel any ongoing print tasks and power down your printer.
- Power it back on and patiently wait for the appearance of the 31 error message.
- Establish a connection between your printer and computer using a USB cable.
- Access the Control Panel on your computer and navigate to the “Printer and Device” section.
- Identify your printer in the list and opt for the “Reset“.