If you want to drag your window on your desktop then read this article before a window can be moved, make sure it is not maximized. A maximized window cannot be resized. If the window is maximized, click the maximize or resize button, as shown in the example below. Also, keep in mind that not every window can be resized.
How do you drag a window on your computer desktop?
For drag a window’s title bar against one side of your desktop; when your mouse pointer touches the desktop’s edge, let go of the mouse button. Repeat these same steps with the second window, dragging it to the opposite side of the desktop. Your keyboard is in a horizontal position and there are two windows. Let’s drag the toolbar into this horizontal position using the drag-and-drop utility for example:
You can click the mouse to pull the window into that position. When you drag a window on your keyboard, in certain cases any toolbar shortcut will do the same for the current window. See How do you drag a window on your computer desktop? You can click and hold the left click button on top bar of the window and drag it over the toolbar. Your keyboard is in a horizontal position and there are two windows.
There are two methods to drag a window on your computer desktop:
Drag a Window on computer with a Mouse:
Once a window has been resized by clicking the icon next to the close icon, you can move this window anywhere on your computer desktop. To do this, here are the steps:
- Head over to the window that you want to drag and then make sure it is resized.
- Move your cursor over the title bar of the window.
- Click and hold the left mouse button, and drag the window to a location of your choice.
Drag a Window on computer with Keyboard:
You can try to drag a window with specific keys on your keyboard. Here are the steps:
- Press the Alt + Spacebar to open the window menu.
- Now you should see a menu on the top right corner of the window. Press the down arrow key to select the Restore option and then hit the Enter key.
- Press Alt + Spacebar again, press the down arrow icon twice to select the Move option and hit the Enter key.
- Press one of the arrow keys in any direction to move the window correspondingly. For example, if you want to move the window to the left side, press the left arrow key.
- Once the window is located where you want it, press the Enter key to fix the window on your computer desktop.