How to Clean Print Head on Canon Pixma mx922
This computer solve teaches you how to fix clogged print heads on Canon Pixma mx922. Clogged print heads are the result of dried-up ink from lack of use, and can lead to patchy or erroneous printing. You can usually fix clogged print heads on canon Pixma mx922 built-in self-cleaning software, though you may have to clean the print heads manually if that doesn’t work.
Method 1: Using Self-Cleaning on Windows
- Open Start. Click the Windows logo in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Type control panel into Start. Doing so will search your computer for the Control Panel app.
- Click Control Panel. This blue, circuit board-shaped icon should be at the top of the Start window.
- Click Devices and Printers. It’s a printer-shaped option on the far-right side of the page.
- Open the printer’s menu. Right-click the name of the printer that needs cleaning. You’ll find it below the “Printers” heading near the bottom of the page. A drop-down menu will appear.
- Click Properties. It’s at the bottom of the drop-down menu. A new window will appear.
- Click the Hardware or Maintenance tab. You’ll find this option at the top of the window.
- Click the “Cleaning” option. This option will usually say Clean Heads or Clean Cartridges, but keep an eye out for any “Clean” option on the page.
- Follow any on-screen prompts. If prompted to do or click anything during the cleaning process, do so. Otherwise, your printer should clean itself, after which point
Method 2: Using Self-Cleaning on Mac
- Open the Apple menu. Click the Apple logo in the top-left corner of the screen. A drop-down menu will appear.
- Click System Preferences. It’s in the Apple drop-down menu.
- Click Printers & Scanners. This printer-shaped icon is on the far-right side of the System Preferences window.
- Select a printer. On the left side of the window, click the printer for which you want to run the self-cleaning program.
- Click Options & Supplies, you’ll find this in the middle of the window.
- Click Utility. This tab is at the top of the page.
- Click Open Printer Utility. It’s in the middle of the page.
- Select the “Cleaning” option, you’ll usually see a Head Cleaning or Cartridge Cleaning option on this page.
- Follow any on-screen prompts. If prompted to do or click anything during the cleaning process, do so. Otherwise, your printer should clean itself, after which point you can resume printing your documents.