Steam Remote Play is still around, with a lot of gamers still confused about how it works. In this short guide, we’ll try to show you how this great feature works and what you can do to use it.
We will provide steps on how to use both Remote Plays Anywhere and Remote Play together.
It Anywhere uses a separate Steam Link app, which can be downloaded from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store. If you have a Raspberry Pi device, you will be pleased to know that this app is supported as well.
This application has an interesting feature that allows the user to play games from a remote computer on any other Steam-enabled device. You can play Steam games through it, either on another computer or on your mobile device or tablet.
What are the requirements to use steam remote play?
While this feature makes gaming more accessible, there are some requirements that will improve your overall streaming experience.
- Hardware – For a computer running the game, you’ll need the system requirements advertised by the manufacturer or higher. The client-side that is running remotely must have a GPU that supports hardware accelerated H264 decoding.
- Network – For the best streaming experience, a wired connection is recommended. Experiences will vary depending on your network connection, so be careful with wireless.
- Game and Steam Settings – You can improve your gaming experience by lowering the in-game settings, and resolution, and turning off vertical sync. You can also change a few things in the Remote Play settings by limiting the network bandwidth and adjusting the maximum capture resolution.
How to use steam remote play?
Let’s see how easy it is to use Steam Remote Play. Before you begin, make sure the client is up to date before starting this process.
Related: how to reset spectrum remote
Enter Steam :
- Log in to the Steam client on PC with the game you want to play.
- Next, log in to Steam on another computer or supported device with the Steam Link app. If you haven’t already, download the app from Google Play or the Apple App Store to your phone, tablet, or TV.
- Now you can launch and play the game remotely by connecting your PC to Steam.
Steam Remote Play Simultaneously :
For those interested in cooperative action, we’ve outlined the essential steps below.
- Launch your chosen game.
- Ask your friend to log into Steam from a supported device
- While playing, open your Steam overlay (Shift+Tab) and then click on your friend’s name, then select “Remote Play Together“. Once accepted, they will enter the game.