Every HP computer has a serial number on the surface of the computer. You can find the serial number on Windows. In this article we will show you hp serial lookup. and also expalin about what is serial number or where to locate serial number on hardware and software. and easy ways to find serial number.
What is serial number?
All the computer and laptops have serial number. Serial numbers are unique to an individual product. sometimes abbreviated as Serial No., SN, S/N, or SNID, a serial number is a unique number used for identification and inventory purposes. A serial number allows a company to identify a product and get additional information about it for replacement or to find compatible parts. Pictured is an example of what a serial number may look like on the back or side of a computer. Despite the name, a serial number often contains letters and numbers.
What do model, product mean?
The model number represents the components and features that define your product. There could be 10,000 HP products with the same model number.
The product number identifies your HP product within a series. 1,000 HP products could share a product number.
Where to locate serial number on hardware and software?
Locating serial numbers on hardware or software here we can show you where to locate:
On Hardware –
A serial number for a hardware device is often on the bottom or back of the device.
- On the bottom of the notebook we shown below.
- Inside the battery compartment we shown below.
- On the box the computer shipped in.
On Software –
Software serial numbers, also known as product identification numbers and CD keys, may be accessible by logging into the software website with a verified user account. They may also be listed on the software’s physical packaging or a CD/DVD jewel box.
Easy ways to find the serial numbers:
way1: By pressing a key combination
- For HP computers with Windows, use a key press combination to open a System Information window:
- Laptops: Using the built-in keyboard, press Fn + Esc.
- Desktops: Press Ctrl + Alt + S.
- Find the serial number in the window that opens. If a System Information window does not open, continue with these steps.
- In Windows, search for and open Command Prompt.
- And type wmic bios get to serialnumber, and then press Enter.
- The serial number displays.
way 2: Using BIOS
Find your product name, number, and serial number using the computer BIOS.
- Turn off the computer.
- Press the Power button with Esc key repeatedly until a startup menu displays.
- Press the F1 key or select System Information from the Startup Menu.
In this article we have try to define “hp serial lookup”. Hope you are like it! Thanks for reading this article.