Troubleshooting Guide: Fixing Brother Printer Errors
Brother Printers are trusted by several people across the globe. They come in multiple models and types. Even though these printers are quite reliable, users may face issues such as Printer Not Printing.
Facing difficulty while using Brother Printer? If you are getting scrap from the printer and getting low visibility print by the printer. This might be due to when the cartridge is not been installed properly. Avoid using the old configured printer and make use of the newly configured printer.
Why Is Brother Printer Not Printing On PC?
If your Brother printer stops printing on your Windows or Mac computer, this write-up is for you. Here, we have explained the solution steps to fix printer errors. Thus, we have further explained the issue of Brother printer not printing black and not printing color.
Why My Brother Printing Is Not Printing Anything?
Brother Printer Not Printing Due to ‘Offline’ Issue
Check the printer settings and see if it is set to offline mode. If this is happening, your printer may stop working. To change the setting, you need to do the following –
- Click on the start button on your computer. Go to settings.
- Then click on devices and under ‘devices’ and click on ‘printers and scanners’.
- Now select the printer you are using, right-click on the printer.
- Click on the ‘see what’s printing’ option from the dropdown menu.
- Select the ‘printer’ option from the upper left corner.
- A dropdown menu will appear. Now unselect the ‘use printer offline’ option.
- Ensure that the ‘use printer offline’ option is unchecked.
Brother Printer Fixes For ‘Not Printing’ Issue By Checking Port
First, make sure that your Brother printer is connected to the correct port. If it is not, then follow these steps-
- Click the start button on your PC. Go to settings.
- Click on devices and select ‘printer & scanners’.
- Now select devices and printers.
- From the device list, select the printer you are using and right-click on it.
- Select ‘Properties’ from the dropdown menu.
- Under Properties, select ‘Change Properties’ from the General section.
- Next, select the ‘Ports’ option and click on the port that contains your printer name.
- Finally, click on ‘apply’ to complete the process.
Brother Printer In ‘Ready’ Status But Not Printing
- First, check if the printer status is ready. If not, put it on ready.
- Now check if you have too many printing requests. To check this, simply hover your mouse cursor over the Brother printer icon. You will see several options like Offline, Paused, Use printer – it depends on the situation.
- See if there are any documents in the queue. If there are, right-click on the Brother printer and then click Cancel all tasks.
- If you see that Brother printer status is offline, right-click on the printer icon and simply uncheck ‘Use printer offline menu’ and click ‘Use printer online option’. This will bring the printer online.
Ensure Brother Printer Is Installed In Right Manner
If you see any installation issue, you have to remove and then reinstall your printer. Here is how you can do that-
Removing your Brother printer:
- Click on the start button on your PC, then go to the ‘control panel’ settings..
- Click on ‘devices’ and then click on ‘printers & scanners’.
- Under ‘Printers and scanners’ select the printer you are using.
- Then click on the ‘Remove device’ option. Now your device has been successfully removed.
Re-installing your printer –
- Select the start button on your PC. Then go to settings.
- Click on devices then click on ‘printers & scanners.
- Under printers & scanners select the “Add a printer or scanner” option.
- Wait for the completion of the search process for the new devices.
- After the search process gets completed, a device list will appear.
- Choose your Brother printer from the list and click on ‘add device’.