How Do I Troubleshoot My Brother Printer?
There are several reasons that your Brother printer not working, including incorrect connectivity, outdated printer driver, and faulty configurations. Read this article, and you’ll learn how I troubleshoot my Brother Printer.
Fix up: Troubleshoot Brother Printer Problems
Check the Brother Printer connection
- Try to disconnect and reconnect all the USB cables from both ends.
Note: If you are using a USB hub, remove it and connect your Brother machine directly to the computer.
- Ensure that the USB cable you use supports the following specifications:
- Twisted pair cable
- No longer than 6 feet long (2 meters)
- Verify that the cable is connected to the USB port on the printer.
Set your printer as the default device
- Navigate to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers.
- Select your Brother Printer from the list.
- Right-click and tap on the ‘Set as Default Printer‘ option.
Update Outdated printer driver
Search for the latest Brother Printer driver on Brother’s support website, and find the one corresponding with your specific version of Windows (for example, Windows 32-bit) and download it.