WSUS stands for Windows Server Update Services. To upgrade to Windows 11 via Windows Update, you can go to Start > Settings > Update & security > Windows update. If WSUS not showing Windows 11 learn how to fix it.
Some users reflect that Windows 11 not showing up in Windows Update even the Windows 11 compatibility checker says everything is OK for Windows 11. We believe that many users are troubled by this issue and want to know the causes & fixes.
Reasons for WSUS not showing Windows 11:
- Some damaged temporary files may cause Windows 11 update not working on your device. So you can’t receive Windows 11 update successfully.
- There is something wrong with the Windows Update service.
- You are not in the proper Channel of the Windows Insider Program.
Fix 1 : Check whether Windows Update Is Blocked
You have blocked Windows Update but you forgot it. If so, you will be unable to see Windows 11 in Windows Update. In Windows Update, you can check whether Pause Updates is enabled. If yes, you need to turn it off and go back to check for updates.
Fix 2 : Restart Your Computer
Restarting your desktop can remove the damaged or corrupt temporary files that cause Windows 11 updates not working in Windows Update.
Fix 3 : Turn on VPN
If you have an available VPN and it is not turned on when you want to upgrade to Windows 11, you can turn it on and try to check for updates again.
Fix 4 : Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
Windows has built-in troubleshooters to troubleshoot different kinds of software & hardware issues on your device. Windows Server Update Services troubleshooter is one of them and it can fix some Windows Update issues including Windows Update not working, Windows Update not showing updates, Windows 11 update not working, and more.
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot.
- Click Windows Update under Get up and running.
- Click Run the troubleshooter to run Windows Update troubleshooter.
- Follow the on-screen wizards to finish the troubleshooting process.
Fix 5 : Modify Registry Keys
- Press Windows + R to open Run option.
- Type regedit and press Enter to open Registry Editor.
- Go to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsSelfHost\Applicability.
- Make sure the following three values are matched:
BranchName (Type REG_SZ) = Beta
ContentType (Type REG_SZ) = Mainline
Ring (Type REG_SZ) = External
Fix 6 : Change the Telemetry Settings
If the above method doesn’t help you, you can change the telemetry settings via Local Group Policy Editor. If you are using Windows 10 Home, Local Group Policy Editor is not available.
- Press Windows + R to open Run.
- Type gpedit.msc and press Enter to open Local Group Policy Editor.
- Go to Computer configuration > Administrative templates > Windows components > Datacollection and Preview Builds.
- Change everything to allow as much telemetry as possible.
Fix 7 : Windows 11 ISO Files
Microsoft has released Windows 11 ISO files in the Microsoft Windows 11 software download page. If Windows Update doesn’t show Windows 11 update, you have to download a proper Windows 11 ISO file and then:
Windows 11 Clean Install:
- Download a proper version of the ISO file.
- Burn it to a USB drive.
- Install Windows 11 from the USB installation drive.