The Epson printer’s printhead is responsible for Epson Printer Error 34004. Epson Error 34004 indicates that the printer cannot recognize the printhead and needs a replacement.
Cause of the error 34004
Epson Error 034004 indicates that the printer cannot recognize the printhead and needs a replacement.
Solution to resolve the error 34004
These are the different ways to solve error 34004
Restart Your Printer
- Turn off your printer
- Remove all the cables that connect it to the computer
- Wait for a few minutes
- And, then turn on the printer
Restart the Print Spooler Service
- Open the Start Menu and click on Services.
- Look for the Print Spooler Service and right-click on it.
- Click on Properties to view its settings.
- If it is disabled, set it to Automatic.
- Click on the Start button to launch the program.
- Before you restart it, make sure to stop it first.
- Print a document with your Epson Printer to confirm if the issue persists.
Update Your Printer Driver
First, open the “Device Manager” by typing it in the search bar. Then, expand the “Printers” category and right-click on the printer you want to update. From there, select “Update Driver” and then choose “Search automatically for updated driver software”.
Clear Printer Queue
Before following this solution, ensure that the Print Spooler service is stopped. Once done, open File Explorer and navigate to the following location: %windir%\System32\spool\PRINTERS. Delete all the content related to the printers. Afterward, start the Print Spooler service restart your system, then try printing again.