We are sure that like many other people, you are also confused about the difference between an inch (in) or feet (ft). And like most of us in school, you also haven’t paid any attention to conversions. The feet to inches conversion is useful and important, so here’s the formula and examples that show how to convert feet to inches and inches to feet.
How to Convert Feet(ft) to Inches (in)?
To convert a foot measurement to an inch measurement, multiply the length by the conversion ratio. One foot contains about 12 inches or 0.3048 m, you can use this simple formula to convert:
Inches (in) = feet × 12
Examples of Converting feet to Inches
Let’s try some examples for feet to inches conversion.
Convert 6 Feet to Inches
5 feet equates to 60 inches, as one foot equals 12 inches. So, 12 × 5 = 60.
Convert 12 Feet to Inches
12 feet equates to 144 inches, as one foot equals 12 inches. So, 12 × 12 = 144.
Convert 120 Feet to Inches
120 feet equates to 1440 inches, as one foot equals 12 inches. So, 12 × 120 = 144.
Feet to Inches Conversion Table
We have created feet into inches chart, which will help you in feet inches conversion hassle-free.
Differences Between Feet to Inches
Both the units are used for measuring the length of different objects. Yet, there are some differences between both. Here are some biggest differences between the length measuring units.
- Inches = Feet (in figures) * 12.
- It helps in measuring alleviations such as the height of a mountain or how tall it is.
- Helps in measuring larger things or big size materials.
- The abbreviation used for Feet is ft.
- Single foot is equal to 30.48 cm.
- Single foot is equal to 0.3048 cm.
- One inch = 0.0833333 feet.
- Mostly used in the electronic industry for making small size equipment.
- Generally used for measuring smaller size objects.
- The abbreviation used for Inch is in.
- It is 2.54 cm in one inch.
- It is 0.0254 m in one inch.