GeneratePress is a lightweight, multi-purpose WordPress theme with a focus on speed and usability. Since, Performance is important to us, which is why a fresh GeneratePress install adds less than 10kb to your page size. And it’s minimalistic, low-code, and easy to customize.
Installation of GeneratePress
Installing GeneratePress is so easy, you just need to follow some easy steps to further proceed:
- First of all, login to your WordPress Dashboard.
- After that, Go to ‘Appearance > Themes‘ in the menu on the left.
- Then at the top of the screen, you’ll see a ‘Add New‘ button, click that button.
- In the ‘Search themes‘ bar, type: generatepress
- Now, you’ll see GeneratePress and some of our child themes appear.
- At the last step, Click Install, and then activate. That’s it!
Key Features of GeneratePress
Let’s discuss the benefits and features that GeneratePress offers:
Note: The GeneratePress WordPress theme is completely free, but there is a GeneratePress Premium Plugin for advanced customizations and features.
- No hidden fees: When you sign up for an account, there are no hidden fees.
- Site Library: GeneratePress premium offers its users access to a library of 45+ pre-built website designs. If you have the ‘GP Premium’ plugin installed, you can import theme styles with just one click.
- Developer-friendly Code: The developer of GeneratePress provides active support. This specific theme has a lot of hooks and filters, making it ideal for developers.
- Support for Page Builder: If you are not a developer, then Page Builder is the best way to create a website without coding. With the help of it, you can discover an in-depth guide for each module, customization, Hooks, and Filters, among other things, here.
- Extensive Documentation: For beginners, the theme documentation is the most important and crucial part. They have an extensive library of articles, videos, and other media. Since, documentation is critical, and GeneratePress Theme features the best documentation section available.
- Best Customer Support: GeneratePress has a support forum for you where you can directly ask developers questions. This forum is very active and well-maintained, and you will receive responses within 12 hours.
- WooCommerce Integration: You should install WooCommerce if you want to create an eCommerce website. You don’t need to buy another theme for your eCommerce website because GeneratePress has WooCommerce integration as well.
- Schema: The built-in schema support is one of the vital features of this theme. Google has often said that Schema is necessary for them to properly comprehend and display the contents and details of your website in SERP (search engine result pages).
This feature helps to improve in more click-throughs which is always beneficial to SEO and, eventually, to your business.