To print on Windows 10 computer, you need to have a connected printer. In this post, you can learn how to add a local or wireless printer to your Windows 10 PC or laptop.
Steps to Add Printer in Windows 10
Make sure the Printer is switched ON and follow the steps below to Add the Printer to your computer.
- Open Settings on your computer and click on Devices.
- On the next screen, click on Printers & Scanners in the left pane. In the right pane, click on Add a Printer or Scanner option.
- As Windows starts searching for Printers, click on The Printer that I want isn’t listed.
- Select Add a Printer Using TCP/IP address on the next screen and click on the Next button.
- On the next screen, enter the Hostname or IP Address of the Printer and click on the Next button.
- Windows should be able to find the printer if the printer is on and it is properly configured. If not, you may be prompted to provide more information about the printer.
- On the next screen, select the Printer Manufacturer in the left pane. In the right pane, select your Printer model and click on the Next button.
- Type the Name for the Printer and click on Next.
- Select whether you want to share the printer or not and click on Next.
- On the next screen, you can Print a test page and click on Finish.
As you can see, adding your printer using Windows 10 is simple and quick, Following the steps that we have detailed here will have you printing in no time at all.