Don’t throw out your Epson printer just yet! Many people assume that when their print head stops working, it’s time to purchase a new printer. However, it’s usually possible to clean epson print head and get your printer working again quickly and easily using the instructions below.
How to Clean Epson Print Head Manually?
To keep your printer running smoothly, clean its inkjet heads regularly. This simple maintenance process will prevent clogs and make sure that your printed pages are crisp and clear. Here are tips for cleaning your inkjet printer heads.
- Put on safety gear. Put on a pair of disposable, latex gloves and wear a face mask to prevent inhalation of dust particles. Wear goggles to protect your eyes from any airborne dust.
- Unplug the printer while it is printing, this will make it easier to remove the cartridges and access the print head.
- Next, open up your printer and carefully remove all the ink cartridges from the device. Carefully set the cartridges aside, facing up on a separate paper towel.
- Place a few drops of rubbing alcohol onto a clean rag or towel and rub it over all sides of your print head.
- Carefully place the print head in the container with the paper towels with the nozzle facing down.
Note: During the entire print head cleaning process, refrain from getting your fingers into contact with the nozzle. This contact could damage them and affect your printing quality.
- Leave your print head to soak for about ten minutes, and set it on a dry paper towel to dry out for another fifteen minutes. Make sure the nozzle is facing upwards this time
- Finally, return the print head to the printer, and secure the latch. Reinstall the printer cartridge and run the automatic cleaning process on your printer again.
How to Clean a Printhead from a Computer?
You can clean a printhead from the computer, which is quick and easy to do. You’ll just need to make sure the paper tray is loaded. These instructions may vary slightly depending on your printer make.
- Open the start menu and search for the Control Panel. Select it.
- Select Devices and Printers and right-click your printer model.
- Click the Maintenance tab.
- Here you’ll be able to find Tools, where you can select, Clean Ink Cartridges, Clean Heads, or something similar.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and leave until it has finished the cleaning process.