Connect a PC laptop to a monitor its depending upon what kind of monitor and laptop you have, you might need to use a USB, HDMI, or VGA cable. HDMI is the most common monitor connection today, but some laptops dispense with an HDMI (or mini-HDMI) connector and entirely on USB. Also, many modern portable monitors are USB-only. As for VGA, you’ll generally only find that now-obsolete connection on older monitors and laptops.
Here we are discussing some steps for How to connect a PC laptop to a monitor :-
- Connect the monitor to the laptop with the appropriate cable.
- After that turn on the laptop and monitor, and wait for Windows to start.
- .Then Start search box, type display settings and click additional display settings.
- You should now see numbered boxes which represent the laptop and additional display.
- Generally, number 1 is the laptop’s built-in display, but to verify click Identify, and the numbers will briefly appear on the two displays.
- Click the dropdown menu and choose duplicate these displays or extend.
How to connect a MacBook to a monitor ?
- With the MacBook turned off, connect the monitor to the laptop with the appropriate cable.
- Turn on the MacBook and monitor, and wait for the Mac to start.
- Click the Apple logo and then choose System Preferences.
- In the Preferences window, click Displays.
- In the display settings window, click the Arrangement tab.
- You should now see two boxes which represent the laptop and additional display. one of them are white menu bar at the top is the MacBook’s built-in display.
- If you need to, you can drag the two monitors around on the screen to ensure they are oriented the same way as on your desk.