If you are a gamer, you would know the importance of a quality gaming headset. But if you want to use your USB headset with an Xbox One controller, it won’t work. This is because USB headsets are designed for computers and require drivers that can be installed on an Xbox One controller before they can be used.
Luckily there are other options available for gamers who want to use a USB headset! In this blog post with Xbox One controllers, we’ll explore some of these options that are available to you.
Headset Setup Guide on Xbox One –
It is possible to use a USB headset with Xbox One. All you need is a spare stereo headset adapter (USB dongle) that allows you to plug your USB headphone jack into that adapter to make the appropriate audio input adjustments to make your other wireless headset into an Xbox gaming headset.
Take the stereo headset adapter and open the expansion port of the Xbox One controller and connect the stereo headset adapter to the headphones of your choice and it’s on and you don’t need to do any extra work. Now your generic headset is the Xbox Gaming Headset.
So when you are using this headset on this dongle you cannot use the USB port to play video games on PC, you have to disconnect your headset from the adapter to play games on PC, then you can play gamers Can use your headset with PC.
How to Connect USB Headset to Xbox One ?
You can connect your USB headset to the Xbox One console. What you need to know, however, is that it will only accept specific gaming headphones and headphones made specifically for the Xbox One. Because Microsoft uses specially built communication chips in its consoles that allow specific devices to function properly on top of them, only with the support of the software developers of this particular device.
If you have an older pair without these proprietary features or if they don’t meet certain requirements (such as being able to communicate wirelessly), there’s no way they’ll be recognized by the party involved, so let’s go. Let’s see keep watching!
Best gaming headset for xbox one –
With Xbox One, you can choose from a variety of headsets. Although Microsoft hasn’t announced which exact gaming headset is the best for Xbox One, it does offer some suggestions that are currently available.
The following are some of the more popular gaming headsets that work on Xbox One:
- Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2
- Astro A40 Headset + Mixamp M80
- Plantronics RIG 500 HD
If you want to know more about this headset you can click this.
Troubleshoot your headset errors –
If you can’t hear anything from your headset :
- Check that the headset is correctly connected to the controller.
- Make sure the volume is turned up on any physical controls on your headset cable or adapter.
- Go to the Quick Settings menu by pressing the Xbox button, and navigate to the section on the far right. Turn on the slider titled Headset Volume.
If your voice is not heard by the members of your party :
- Check that the switch on your headset cable is not set to mute.
- Make sure the Headset Mic option is turned on in the Quick Settings menu.
- In the Quick Settings menu, turn on the slider titled Mic Monitoring.
- Make sure your profile settings allow voice chat with online players.