Delete Spotify Account
Music providers like Spotify have made a wide array of music from across the globe available and easy to access. if you’re tired of the app or want to start using a different service, you can delete your Spotify account in just a few minutes. Spotify is one of the top music streaming services, offering free and paid access to more than 82 million songs online at last count. A paid plan adds several useful features, but maybe you don’t use it enough to justify the monthly cost. Perhaps you’ve switched to a rival service like Apple Music, or maybe you object to some of the content and personalities on Spotify and no longer care to give the company your business (like Neil Young). Whatever the reason, here’s how to remove your ties to Spotify.
Once you delete your Spotify account, you won’t be able to use your current username for a new account in the future. You’ll also lose access to your playlists, along with all the music saved to your Library.
What is Spotify?
Spotify is music streaming service provider a With millions of songs and podcasts, Spotify is the world’s largest music streaming service provider. According to the Statista Research Department, Spotify had 172 million premium subscribers worldwide as of the second quarter of 2021. This digital music service allows you to build collections of podcasts and playlists and get taste-based recommendations in music. Apart from the variety, you can also choose whether you want to continue with the freely available features of the app or switch to a subscription with extra perks. Let’s have a look at the available options for users.
How to delete your Spotify account?
You can’t delete a Spotify account via the mobile or desktop app. If you are, cancel your subscription first — only “free” Spotify users are allowed to delete their accounts. here’s a guide on how to delete Spotify account:
- In any web browser, open the Spotify website and log into your account.
- Go to the Contact Spotify Support page.
- Click on “Account.”
- Click on the black “I want to close my account” option.
- Click on the “CLOSE ACCOUNT” button that appears on the left.
- Now Spotify asks you if you are sure or not. If you want to go ahead with the process, click on “CLOSE ACCOUNT.”
- Verify it’s the correct account and click the Continue.
- Spotify will send you an email.
- Open that email and click the “Close My Account” link inside.
- Once you click that link, Spotify will shut down your account. It’ll take a week for them to fully delete it.
- They’ll also send you another email with a “reactivation link.” Click this link before the week is up, and Spotify will give you your account back.
Hope this article is helpful to you.