How to Print from iPhone to hp Printer?
In this article, the user can see the various methods to involved in HP printer setup for smart devices like iPhone, iPod, and tablet. Nowadays most people prefer the way of printing through iPhone and iPod as compared to other methods. It helps users to print all photos and documents safely and securely anytime and from anywhere. There are two different methods available to set up hp printer for iPhone. Here we can look at those two modes of connection in detail.
What are the AirPrint compatible printers?
While some printers do not come equipped with the compatible software to work seamlessly with AirPrint from the start, most newer printers from major brands do. Newer wireless-enabled HP printers are set to work with AirPrint from the time you connect them to your network.
As long as you don’t have strict networking restrictions, your Apple phone or tablet should be able to see your HP printer as a destination to send documents and photos. Once selected, you’ll be sending print jobs from your iPad or iPhone to your favorite HP printer in no time.
Setting up HP Printer on iPhone/iPad
Method 1: Airprint Method
One of the default methods used to print documents and photos is to set up HP AirPrint using HP printer. This method is developed by Apple for its Android devices. Now we can see the different steps to set up HP printer on iPhone.
Establishing a network connection: For connecting the HP printer and the Apple device using the AirPrint method, follow the steps below:
- On the WiFi on Apple device and check if there is a tick mark next to the name of your WiFi network.
- In case, you are connected to another network cancel it and select the name of your wifi network.
- Connect the HP printer to the network. For touch-screen printers, touch the Control Panel wireless icon or open the network settings or setup menu to view the printer’s network connection status.
- During setup hp printer on iPhone, click the Wireless button and the Information button at the same time while in the HP Printers Without Control Panel, or press the Wireless and Start Copying black button on the same. Wireless test report will be printed to know the status.
- Do the following based on the connection status based on printer connection. If it is connected to the network then follow the step to connect to your device.
- If the connection is not set up, follow the steps below.
- Connect the printer to the network from the touch screen control panel by opening the Setup, Network, or Wireless menu, and then choose the Wireless Setup Wizard. Then follow the on-screen instruction to complete the connection process.
- Click the WPS button on the printer within two hours to establish a network connection to the printer without touching the screen’s control panel.
- The light on the printer stops flashing when a connection is established.
Method 2: Apple device
After setting up the connection between iPhone and HP printer. Print your documents and photos in your printer by following the steps below:
- Make sure the HP printer is turned on, the ink cartridges are full, and that plain paper is loaded onto the printer.
- Open the item you need to print and then select the Share icon.
- And then select Print or Print icon on the screen to open HP Printer options.
- Select your printer by clicking on the Select Printer option on the screen.
- Change the settings on the print screen after you’ve selected your printer, it will vary depending on the devices.
- Paper: Make the paper sizes as same as the document you need to print. AirPrint automatically detects the size of the paper loaded into the tray.
- A number of copies: In this type the number of copies of the document that you need to print.
- Black and white: Select the Grayscale option in it. It will be available only on color printers.
- Double-sided printing: Select this option if you want to print both sides of the paper.
- Page range: Select the number of pages to print in the document or the web page to print.
Why is the iPhone not connecting to hp printer?
There are a couple of reasons why your iPhone may not be finding or connecting to your printer. Here are some of the common causes and how to fix them:
- Different Wi-Fi networks, or Wi-Fi is turned off. Verify that both devices are on the same wireless network and have Wi-Fi turned on.
- The printer is too far away. Try moving your printer closer to your Wi-Fi router.
- Your devices need a reboot. Restart your devices one at a time, starting with your Wi-Fi router, your printer, and then your iPhone.