How to set homepage chrome?
Google Chrome is one of the most widely used web browsers globally across all platforms. To open any page for the homepage or startup page, you first customize Google Chrome. You need to set these two pages to be identical. To know more about Set Homepage Chrome, read the complete blogs below.
- Your startup page is the one that shows when you launch Chrome on your device for the first time.
- Your homepage is the one you go to when you click Home.
What is ‘Homepage’?
The homepage appears when you click on the home icon on the address bar. This is not the same as your New Tab page. However, you can make it similar to the new tab page.
How to set the homepage in chrome?
- Open Chrome on your system and click on the three dots that appear in the top right corner.
- Select “Settings” from the drop-down menu. Under Settings, select “Appearance“.
- Under Appearance Options, slide on the switch button corresponding to the “Show Home Button” option. The “How to set homepage in Chrome” button changes from gray to blue.
- After switching on, you get to choose between two options.
- New tab page
- Enter a Custom Web Address
Whenever Chrome launches, selecting the first option will always open a new tab page. By choosing the second option, one can specify the webpage/website they want to visit as the homepage.
How to enable the home page icon?
To set up the Google Chrome homepage, you must first enable this feature. You can do this by displaying the Home icon on the address bar.
To enable this icon, follow these rules :
- Open Chrome Settings.
- Under Appearance, enable “Show“.
NOTE: Now that you have enabled the home button, you can set up the homepage.
Multiple ways to set up the startup page –
There are several options available to choose the startup page for Chrome. The user may want to start from where he/she left off last time, or always want a new tab when the browser is launched or even a particular website/webpage as the startup page. Is. The main difference between the homepage and the startup page is that the homepage is visible every time you open a new tab in the same browser, whereas the startup page is visible only when the browser is launched.
The startup page can be selected by following the steps mentioned below :
- Launch Google Chrome on your system and click on the three dots appearing in the top right corner.
- Then, Select “Settings” from the drop-down menu. Under Settings, select “On startup“.
- After selecting the “On Startup” option, you will have three options to choose from.
- Open the New Tab page.
- Then, Continue where you left off.
- Then, Open a specific page or set of pages.