In programming language today, we have over 100 popular computer programming languages. Also, most of these languages are used for coding. People also started working through coding in the late 1950s. Then over the years, software programming has taken a notch up with the development of several coding languages.
Computer Programming languages
Although, it is a very popular programming language and a computing platform for application development it was designed in 1995 to have less implementation dependency. Java is fast, secure, and reliable and today more than 3 billion devices run Java.
It consists of three primary components i.e. The Java language, The Java package, and Java virtual machine. It is also widely used for developing Java applications in laptops, data centers, game consoles, scientific supercomputers, cell phones, etc.
Uses of Java language:
- App development
Following are some benefits of Java-
- Although Java is a super portable and distributed language.
- You will be able to access/manipulate the most important computer functions such as file system, graphics, and sound for any fairly sophisticated and modern program running on any operating system.
- It is also a high-level, object-oriented programming language.
- It is also a highly independent platform that is secure and cheap.
- It supports multithreading.
- Web development
- Game development
- Mobile apps
- Building web servers
- Easy to learn and implement.
- Used everywhere on the web
- Can run instantly in client-side browser
- Reduces demand on website servers
It is also a programming markup language used to create web pages. It stands for Hypertext Markup Language. HTML elements label pieces of content such as “this is a title”, “this is a paragraph”, “this is a link”, etc.
Uses of HTML language:
- Web documents
- Website development
- Website maintenance
- Allows browsing the internet with ease.
- It also allows you to create web documents.
- Supports data entry.
- Allows for feline storage.
- Allows game development.
- Allows you to use native APIs.
- Lets you store things on the client side.
CSS is a cascading stylesheet language. It describes the look of a document written in a markup language(HTML). It is used to style elements written in a markup language such as HTML. CSS describes how HTML elements should be presented on screen, on paper, or on other media. Including colors, layouts, and fonts.
Uses of CSS language:
- Web documents
- Website development
- Website design
- CSS helps to see a web page look stylish and is written in a markup language (HTML).
- This allows better control of the layout of the web page.
- Fast page speed.
- Better user experience.
- Quick development time.
- Easy formatting changes.
- Compatibility across devices.
It is an object-oriented scripting computer programming language that is often used to build websites and software, as well as to automate tasks and perform also data analysis.
Uses of Python language:
- Back-end development.
- Data science.
- Build websites and software.
- App development.
- Is Flexible.
- Naturally/Intuitively readable.
- Highly regarded official tutorials and documentation.
- Written as opposed to compiled.
C programming is a procedural programming language developed by Dennis M. Ritchie in 1972 at Bell Telephone Laboratories to design the Unix operating system. And then it remains too widely used and influential to be used for general-purpose programming.
Uses of C language:
- Applications that use the graphical user interface.
- Cloud computing and distributed systems.
- Computer Games.
- Integrated software libraries for enterprises.
- Large-scale server applications.
- Operating systems such as Windows, Apple – iOS, Unix, Linux, etc.
- Embedded Systems such as Interfacing programming, hardware programming, and kernel (OS) Programming
- Databases: MySql
- As a mid-level language, C combines the features of both high-level and low-level languages.
- Used to learn the fundamentals of programming at the lowest (hardware) level.
- It can be use for low-level programming, such as scripting for drivers and kernels, and it also supports the functions of higher-level programming languages, such as scripting for software applications, etc.
Uses of C++ language:
- Operating System
- Graphical user interface
- Embedded systems
- Game programming
- Software engineering,
- Data structures
- Allows for a much higher “control” than other languages.
- C++ is fun and also easy to learn!
- Operating systems, browsers, games, etc. are developed in C++.
PHP is a server scripting language that was created in 1994 by Danish-Canadian programmer Rasmus Lerdorf. A static website or dynamic website or web application is develop by PHP. PHP stands for Hypertext Pre-Processor, formerly used for personal home pages. Although, client computers accessing PHP scripts only need a web browser.
Uses of PHP language:
- To design interactive web pages.
- Static Website
- dynamic website
- Web Applications
- Easy to develop and also may be integrated with many different tools
- Also flexible with database connectivity
C# is a programming language developed by Microsoft that runs on the .NET framework. It is also mostly used to develop web apps, desktop apps, mobile apps, games, etc. C# is open source, simple, modern, flexible and versatile.
Uses of C# language:
- Game development
- web applications
- Web services
- Web sites
- Mobile applications
- Desktop applications
- Web applications
- Database applications
- Simple to use
- Scalable and updateable
- Interoperable with other codes
- Open source
- Extensive library
Perl is an open-source computer programming language that works on a variety of computer operating systems. Text Processing Perl was developed by Larry Wall and runs on various platforms such as Windows, Mac OS, Unix versions, etc. Which means it is cross-platform.
Uses of Perl language:
- System Administration
- GUI development
- Network programming
- Easy to start
- Widely used in Web Development
- Contained best Features – Includes best facilities
- Platform-independent language
- Systems Administration such as Web Programming, Web Automation, GUI Programming
- Web and Perl
Ruby is a dynamic computer programming language developed in 1993 by Yukihiro Matsumoto of Japan. This language is also built with a focus on simplicity and productivity which has a natural syntax. It is also easy to read and write.
Uses of Ruby language:
- Web development
- Web scraping
- Data processing
- Programming projects
- Command-line tools
- Static site generation
- Open Source and Flexible
- The syntax is also considered easy to read and to write (no specialized “vocabulary” to get started)
- Enforces good programming style
- Faster Processing
- Fun to Code
- Extremely Secure
Go is an open-source, compiled, and statically typed programming language designed by Google in the year 2007 to make it easy to create simple, reliable and efficient software. It is also known as Golang and was designed to respond to the heated criticisms against other languages used at Google which focuses on simplicity, reliability, and efficiency.
Uses of Go language:
- Networking and infrastructure
- DevOps and site reliability
- Many Command line tools are written in Go.
- Artificial Intelligence and Data Science
- Go from micro-controller programming, robotics and games
- Cloud-Native Development
- Distributed Network Services
- Utilities and Stand-Alone Tools
- News Outlets
- Media Platforms
- On-Demand Services
Following are some benefits of Go-
- Widely considered a “minimalist” language
- Easy to learn
- Transparent code
- Built-in concurrency and a robust standard library
- The growing ecosystem of partners, communities, and tools.