In this article we will discuss about sql stuff. first we define what is it. here query stuff is a function of sequential query language. here we can also define syntax and examples of query stuff function. so you can read this complete blog.
What is SQL?
In programming sequential query language is database query language. SQL stands for Structured Query Language. SQL lets you access and manipulate databases It became a standard of the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) in 1986, and of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) in 1987. here Here we will tell you what you can do with sql:
- we can execute queries against a database
- Retrieve data from a database
- Insert records in a database
- Update records in a database
- delete records from a database
- Create new databases and tables in a database
- Create stored procedures in a database
- Create views in a database
- and also can set permissions on tables, procedures, and views
Stuff function usage, syntax with examples:
In sequence query language , the STUFF() function deletes a part of a string and then inserts another part into the string, starting at a specified position.
Syntax of stuff:
STUFF(string, start, length, new_string)
If you want to delete 3 characters from a string, starting in position 1, and then insert “HTML” in position 1:
SELECT STUFF(‘SQL Tutorial’, 1, 3, ‘HTML’);
If you want to delete 1 character from a string, starting in position 13, and then insert ” is fun!” in position 13:
SELECT STUFF(‘SQL Tutorial!’, 13, 1, ‘ is fun!’);