Software update is crucial for the efficient working of every device. The new updates come with new features, help to remove vulnerabilities of the device, improve system performance, and do much more stuff that older updates are unable to do. Microsoft also continuously updates its Windows 10 to keep it up to date for billion of users out there. There are two services named Windows Update Medic Service and Windows Update Orchestrator service in Windows 10 which facilitates the updates.
Windows medic service:
Microsoft introduced this service called Windows Update Medic Service in Windows 10 not so long back. Windows Update Medic Servicealso called WaaSMedicSVC.The entire purpose of this service is to fix any damages suffered by the Windows Update components, so that you can continue to receive the Windows updates without any interruption. Therefore, the service is responsible for managing any repairs and for the safety of the Windows Update Components.
Windows Update Medic Service software will repair common computer errors, protect you from file loss, malware, hardware failure and optimize your PC for maximum performance. Fix PC Problems & Remove Viruses Now in 3 Easy Steps:
- Download Restoro PC Repair Tool that comes with Patented Technologies.
- Click Start Scan to find Windows issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Click Repair All to fix issues affecting your computer’s security and performance.
Due to its importance towards keeping Windows Update secure, we have decided to make this article, whenever you try to update your Windows PC, you must use Windows Update service. It can also be the target of errors and file inconsistencies. When this happens, many services start running in the background, looking for Windows Update to repair. One such component is Windows Update Medic Service (VasMedic).
What does the windows update medic service do?
WaasMedic is a new background service that was introduced with Windows 10 and the way it handles the OS updating process. Its sole purpose is to improve the Windows Update service so that your PC can continue to receive updates without any hiccups. It also handles the treatment and protection of all Windows Update components. As such, even if you disable all Windows Update-related services, Vasmedic will restart them at some point.
If you try to disable WaasMedic service using generic methods such as using the Windows Services Manager, then you will get an Access Denied error message and cannot continue. That is why your only chance at disabling this service is through the use of a third-party update blocker.
“Update Medic Service, as the name suggests, is a service of Windows 10, necessary for the protection/repairing of Windows Update components. This Windows 10 Medic Service enables remediation of update components“
Methods to disable the windows update medic service(WaaSMedicSVC):
To disable the WaaSMedicSVC you can either use a freeware like a Windows Update Blocker or you can turn it off using the Registry Editor. Let’s see how.
1. Disable the WaaSMedicSVC by editing the registry editor:
Before making any modifications to the Registry Editor, make sure you create a backup of the registry editor settings so that in case you lose in data, you can recover it easily. here you can follow these steps:
- Press the Win + R hotkey on your keyboard to open the Run command.
- In the Run command search field, type regedit and press OK to open the Registry Editor window.
- Copy the below path and paste it in the Registry Editor address bar.
- On the right side of the pane, select Start.
- Double-click on Start to open the Edit DWORD (32-bit) Value dialogue box.
- Go to the Value data field to and change it from 3 to 4.
- Exit Registry Editor and restart your system. The Windows Update Medic Service is now disabled.
2. By create a batch file to disable it quickly:
here is a method to create a batch file and keep it on desktop or any drive. Whenever , it gets started again, just click on this batch file and it will get disabled.
- Open Notepad.
- Copy and paste the text given below into the notepad.
- Now, Click on File and then click on save as.
- Now, Choose All Files in save as Type option.
- Name this disablemedic.
- Now, whenever you want to disable , just click on this bat file.
3. Disable the WaaSMedicSVC by using the windows update blocker:
- Now open Windows Update Blocker and click on it to download it. then Click to open the download file and then extract the file in your chosen folder.
- Once completed, it will open the Windows Update Blocker box. Under Service Status, click on the Menu button.
- From the context menu, select Windows Services.
- It opens the Service manager window.
- On the right side of the pane, under the Names column, locate Windows Update Medic Service.
- Double-click on the service to open its Properties window. Under the General tab, go to the Service name section and copy the name – WaaSMedicSvc.
- Now, go back to the folder where you have extracted the Windows Update Blocker software. Now, open the Wub.ini file in Notepad.
- In the Notepad, go to the Service List section and under dosvc=2,4 type WaaSMedicSvc=3,4. Save and exit.
- Now, go back to the Windows Update Blocker box and press the Apply Now button to save the changes.
In a general way, the purpose of the Windows Update Medic service is that it fixes/resolves damaged components of Windows Update so that you can keep on receiving new updates continuously. So, Windows Update Medic Service is responsible for the betterment or repairing of Windows update components. Windows Update Medic Service (WaaSMedicSVC) enables remediation and protection of Windows Update components. This means that even if you disable Windows Update related Services, this service will at some point in time re-enable them.