YouTube has an audio library that allows you to easily copy and paste YouTube audio clips into your videos and presentations, saving you valuable time in your editing process. This allows you to focus on other aspects of your video’s production such as graphics, transitions, and titles, so you can create a high-quality product quickly and efficiently.
This article will cover everything you need to know about the YouTube Audio Library including how to access it, what are the limitations to adding music, and more!
How much music is there in YouTube audio library?
The library includes a wide range of genres, from classic rock to classical, and everything in between. You can also find sound effects for your videos, like ambient noise or Foley sounds. Plus, the YouTube Audio Library is constantly expanding, so you’ll always have new music to choose from.
From the search box, you can add different filters for the ideal track for your video. Here’s what you can do with each of the filters:
- Track Title : This allows you to search for tracks that contain a certain keyword or phrase in the title.
- Genre : There are several advanced high-level categorizations. This allows you to search for tracks based on genres such as alternative and punk, ambient, children’s, cinematic, classical, country and folk, dance, and electronic.
- Mood: This allows you to search for tracks based on the mood such as angry, bright, calm, dark, dramatic, funky, happy, inspirational, romantic, or sad.
- Artist Name – You can search this by the name of the artist.
- Duration – This allows you to find tracks longer or shorter than a specific duration.
Limitations with the YouTube Audio Library
- The library is only available to YouTube creators with at least 10,000 subscribers.
- There is a large selection of music to choose from, you may not find exactly what you’re looking for.
- Songs in the library are only available for use on YouTube and cannot be downloaded or used elsewhere.
- If you want to use the same song in multiple videos, then you’ll need to pay an additional fee or buy a youtube premium. You can only use each song in one video.
- When uploading your videos containing audio from the YouTube Audio Library, it’s important that you include attribution in your video’s description and/or annotation text field.
How to Access YouTube Audio Library?
YouTube has a ton of different audio files that you can use in your videos, and they’re all free! Here’s how to access the YouTube Audio Library:
- Click on Creator Studio at the left side panel.
- Click on Audio library from the left-hand side menu.
- Search for something specific or scroll through for ideas. When you find something you like, click Add to add it to your list.
- You’ll see an overview of what tracks are available with the songwriter information and licensing information.
- Add these songs to your library by clicking Add Song.
- Now that you’ve found some tracks, it’s time to get them into your video editor!