How to connect hp deskjet 3630 via wireless router
- Firstly, hold the Cross button and WiFi button on your printer together and wait for the HP Deskjet 3630 Power button to flash.
- Then, release the button when the Power light is on. Now wait for the Wireless Button light to flash. Once it flashes, it means your printer is ready for setup mode.
- Select WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) push button mode on your printer
- Your printer will now detect your WiFi network.
- Once it’s connected to the network, your printer’s WiFi button light will stop flashing and become stable.
- So finally your HP Deskjet 3630 printer is successfully connected to the wireless network.
How to find the password for my hp deskJet 3630 printer
If you’ve forgotten your Wi-Fi Direct password, you have two options to resolve the issue. Firstly, you can to opt print the latest network information directly from the printer, or reset the device’s network settings to default settings. When the PC or tablet prompts you to enter the password when you try to print, you can generate the Wi-Fi Direct settings report on the device.
Printing out the wi-fi direct password on the deskJet printer
The printer records all networking information on its onboard drive. To connect an additional computer to the printer, you’ll have to enter the Wi-Fi Direct password on every PC you want to use with the printer.
- While you’re at the device, switch on the printer by pressing the Power Button on the device panel and wait for it to finish its startup process.
- Once the printer’s screen is on, press and hold the Wi-Fi Direct button to generate the network diagnostic report.
- The printer will start generating the report by printing a page. Wait for the printer to finish and you can now find detailed information about your current Wi-Fi Direct configuration. On this page, you can find the network status, name, hostname, and the Wi-Fi Direct password.
- Check the results and enter the Wi-Fi password on the computer or another device you’re trying to connect directly to the printer.
If you’re still facing issues, you may have to turn off Wi-Fi Direct and connect to a Wi-Fi network to use the printer.
How to install hp deskjet 3630 using a wireless connection for windows
Step 1: Prepare for installation
- For easy installation, power on your printer and place it in setup mode.
- For printers with a button only, click the cancel and wireless button to start the printer.
- For 123 hp printer with LCD or text display, navigate to the wireless or network setting menu and select Restore Network Settings.
- Your computer and the HP printer must be in connection to the same wireless network.
Step 2: Install the printer software
- In Windows, open a web browser and go to printer setup, and select Download to save HP Easy start.
- Open the saved file for extracting the software that just got downloaded.
- When prompt display, click continue to make changes to your computer.
- If the hp 3630 set up a wireless printer is not detected, select MY printer is not shown.
- Follow the instruction to get the software selection screen and select the software.
How to change from a USB connection to a wireless connection
Change from a USB connection to a wireless network (Windows)
- If your wireless- capable HP printer is installing in windows using the USB cable, you can convert the connection to wireless.
- Know your network name, password, before converting a USB to wireless, the follow this.
- In windows, click the start button and select your printer.
- From the navigation menu of HP Assistance, hit on Utilities or Tools.
- Bang Device setup and software or printer Setup and software.
- If prompt display, click on run and continue for changes to occur.
- Click convert a USB to Wireless, selecting Yes allows Network setup to check your windows network connection.
- Or your router for wireless settings and then adds them to your printer automatically.
- Wireless settings of the Network setup applies to the printer, and then install the network driver.
Change from a USB connection to a wireless connection (OS X and macOS)
- You can convert the connection to wireless, only if your wireless- capable HP printer is installed in macOS using the USB cable.
- Before converting USB to wireless, know your network name, password.
- A Mac running OS and the printer must be installing with HP software through the USB connection.
- Select the Apple menu and click System preference.
- Click Print and Scan to open the printer queue and select your printer.
- Click Options and Supplies on the details pane, and click the Utility tab. Now select hp Wireless setup and confirm and allow connecting.
- Cut off the USB cable from the hp deskjet 3630 wifi setup printer and computer.
- In the main screen, under Printer and Scanner pane select your printer and Hit Plus sign to add your 123 hp com dj3630 printer.