At Microsoft (aka.ms/mcmultiplayerhelp), we value privacy, we protect it, we believe in transparency, so that people and organizations can control their data and make meaningful choices about how they use it. We empower and protect the privacy choices of everyone who uses our products and services.
How to Privacy settings on aka.ms/mcmultiplayerhelp ?
- Manage browse data : Sign in to view and clear browse data that we collect when you use Cortana and Microsoft Edge.
- Review location data : See and clear location info that we collect when you use Microsoft products and services.
- Clear your search history : View and delete information about your Bing search activity.
- Edit Cortana’s Notebook : Manage what Cortana knows about you to provide personalised recommendations.
How to Play Minecraft Multiplayer on a LAN & Online Server ?
Minecraft – Java Edition
- Select a host computer. It should be fast enough to play the game while running a Minecraft server for others to join.
- Launch the game and select Single player.
- Create a new world or open an existing one.
- Once you’re in, press Esc, then select Open in LAN.
- Choose a game mode : Survival, Creative, or Adventure.
- Select Start LAN World.
- Other players on the same network who wish to join can now start their game and join via the multiplayer (www.aka.ms/phonelinkpin) button.
Minecraft – Windows 10/Xbox
- Make sure each player is connected to the same network, then choose a host device.
- Select Play.
- Select the pen icon to create a new world or edit an existing one.
- Select Visible for LAN players.
- Select Build or Run and continue as normal.
- Others can join the game by looking for available LAN games under the Friends tab.
Minecraft – Java Edition
- To connect to another player’s server, log in to the game, choose Multiplayer > Add Server, then enter the IP or web address for that server.
Minecraft – windows 10 / console
- These platforms offer a handful of official servers. Simply join one by selecting one under the Servers tab.
- To add an external server with the Windows 10 version, select Add Server and enter the required information.
Process to play Minecraft Multiplayer using Split Screen
Playing split screen allows up to four players to play on the same screen at the same time. Split Screen Play is only available for consoles (Xbox, PlayStation and Nintendo Switch).
- Split Screen Playing
Start the game and connect the controllers, it automatically splits the display into player-specific screens (one for each player).