Edge was initially built with Microsoft’s own proprietary browser engine Edge HTML. It is based on the open source project because recently Microsoft’s launched a browser which comes equipped with some of the best features you’ll find in any browser as well as being considered much faster.
Microsoft Edge has replaced Internet Explorer (IE) as the default browser on Windows, including laptops, smartphones, tablets, and hybrids. Microsoft Edge is a universal Windows app, so you can download it and update it from the Microsoft Store on Windows.
What does the Microsoft Edge logo/icon look like?
It’s logo stylized from a lowercase “e” and it is to similar to the Explorer logo. Click on the “e” icon will open a web browser because it maintains overall designed to reduce confusion. However, the new version of the Edge logo looks like a cross between the IE-style “e” and the Firefox swirl.
Features and Options:
- Tracking prevention enabled by default.
- Support for extensions from Chrome Web Store.
- Mac support added to Windows, Android, and iOS support.
- Sync history, bookmarks, and passwords across signed-in devices.
- Sidebar search allows you to research while keeping your browser window active.
- Block third-party ads.
- Enterprise-grade security.
- Return of the address bar.
How does Microsoft Edge works?
Microsoft Edge matches Google Chrome in speed and in intelligence even it slightly surpassed it during some of our speed tests. It is the best browser for Windows. It brings unique capabilities to your browsing, including enhanced security, money – saving shopping tools, excellent tab management features, and more.
Uses of Microsoft Edge:
- Competitive speed.
- You can save text from websites.
- Personalized content.
- Privacy controls.
- Vertical and sleeping tabs.
- Clutter-free reading.