Background Colors for Computer Screen
A background color, also known as a desktop wallpaper or desktop background image, is the image shown behind text and icons in the graphical user interface of many computer operating systems and other platforms.
There are a lot of ways to change your Windows desktop. One of the most popular is changing its background or wallpaper. The following sections show you how to do so in the various versions of Windows.
How to Change background for Computer Screen?
Changing the background color on your computer screen can be a fun way to personalize your workspace. Plus, it can help reduce eye strain if you pick a color that’s easy on the eyes. Here’s how:
- Open the Start menu by pressing the Window logo key on your keyboard.
- Type Settings, and press Enter.
- In the Settings window, select the Personalization option
- On the right side of the window, click the Background option.
- In the Background settings, click the drop-down menu for the Personalize your background option and select a type of background to use.
- If you choose Picture as the background type, select a picture from the Recent images section or click the Browse photos button and locate a picture file on your computer.
- If you select Solid color as the background type, select a color in the Choose a background color section. If you prefer a different color, click the View colors button, and select the desired color in the color chart.
- If you select Slideshow as the background type, click the Browse button and select a picture album on your computer to use for the slideshow. Select any additional slideshow settings, if desired.
How to Use brightness, saturation, and hue?
Three ways to adjust the background color of your computer screen are by using the brightness, saturation, and hue settings. The brightness can be increased or decreased, which will make the image on the screen appear lighter or darker. Saturation is the intensity of a hue from gray tone (no saturation) to pure, vivid color (high saturation). The hue can be changed, which will shift all the colors on the screen to a different part of the color spectrum.