If you own a Dell laptop, it’s important to check the warranty status and make sure that it’s still valid. If you haven’t checked in recent months, you may be surprised by what you find! Here’s how to check your Dell laptop warranty status in just a few steps.
Check Dell Warranty Status
To check the official warranty status of your laptop, you must have its serial number. Once you have the product number, follow the steps below:
- Firstly, open a web browser and navigate to Dell’s official warranty status tool.
- In the field, type the service tag or express service code, and then click the submit button to see the status of your laptop.
Support Services & Warranty
Get one-time support for services that expired on Dell products. These support offers will not affect your legal warranty rights.
- Support Services Status
- Ownership Transfer
- Retail Registration
- Service Contracts for Home
- Service Contracts for Business
- Dell EMC Warranty and Contracts
- Support Services for Business
- Support Services for Home
- Extend your Support Services
- In Services Parts Return
- In Services Return for Products
How long is the Dell PC warranty?
Dell-branded hardware products purchased in the U.S. or Canada may come with a 90-day, 1-year, 2-year, 3-year, 4-year, 5-year, or other limited hardware warranty.