Google Voice is a telecommunications service provided by Google that provides a Google Voice Number with which users can make and receive calls and text messages. Apart from this, you can also manage voicemail from your web browser or mobile app. It is a popular choice for individuals and businesses looking for a flexible and cost-effective communications solution. To know how Google Voice work, what is Google Voice, or how to get a Google Voice number, read the complete details given here and you can also click on the given link which will help you in giving information about it.
Before knowing how Google Voice works, you must know how to use Google Voice.
To use Google Voice,
- You need to create a Google account and sign up for the service.
- Once you sign up, you will be assigned a Google Voice phone number.
- You can then use this number to make and receive calls and texts and manage your voicemail.
How does Google Voice Work?
The way Google Voice works is quite simple, it works just like any other phone number.
- Calling someone or receiving their call.
- Send and receive texts to anyone.
- Managing voicemail.
Making and receiving calls: When you call someone with Google Voice, your voice is converted into a digital signal and transmitted via the Internet to Google’s servers. Google then routes the call to the recipient’s phone number.
When you receive a call to your Google Voice number, Google rings your phone and your computer. You can then choose to answer the call on any device.
Sending and receiving texts: Google Voice allows you to send and receive text messages from your computer, phone, or tablet. When you send a text with Google Voice, it is broadcast via the Internet to the recipient’s phone number.
Managing voicemail: Google Voice transcribes your voicemail and sends you a transcript and audio recording via email. You can also listen to and manage your voicemails from the Google Voice website or app.
Google Voice also offers many other features
- Spam filtering: Google Voice can automatically filter spam calls and texts.
- Call Forwarding: You can forward calls from your Google Voice number to any other phone number, including your cell phone, landline, or VoIP phone.
- Voicemail transcription: Google Voice transcribes your voicemail and sends you a transcript and audio recording via email.
- Custom Greetings: You can create custom voicemail greetings for different callers.
- Multiple devices: You can use Google Voice on multiple devices, including your computer, phone, and tablet.