How to Clean Computer Monitor?
Regularly cleaning your LCD monitor keeps it free of dust, smudges, and germs. Wiping with a dry microfiber cloth is the safest cleaning option and is surprisingly effective at removing germs.
In order to clean computer monitor –
- Turn off your monitor. It’s easier to see smudges and stuff on a black screen, so turning off your monitor makes it easier to see what you are doing.
- It’s also safer for you and your computer. Cleaning your monitor while it’s on and the pixels are all fired up could damage your screen or potentially give you an unpleasant electrical jolt. Please turn it off!
- Wipe your monitor with a microfiber cloth. If dust is the only thing on your screen, a quick wiping should be enough to clean it.
- Take the microfiber cloth and gently brush the screen in long motions.
- We cannot stress enough that you should be gentle: Pressing too hard on the screen could damage the pixels within.
- If the thick layer of dust on your monitor has been slowly replaced with more questionable gunk — maybe some dried mucus from a sneeze that caught you off guard or mysterious specs of who-knows-what — then you’ll want to use cleaning fluid.
- There are gentle cleaning fluids designed for monitors, but distilled water works well, as mentioned earlier.
- It’s important you only use filtered or distilled water, however, since tap water contains minerals and other substances that can harm the screen or leave annoying streaks. For especially stubborn grime, add a bit of white vinegar to the water.
- It’s important that you never spray water or other cleaning fluids directly onto your monitor, or it might trickle down to the edge of the screen and seep into the monitor itself and damage the electronic components within.
- Spray or dab the liquid onto a cloth, wring out any excess fluid, and then carefully wipe the screen using broad strokes.
Now Dry your monitor screen –
Step 1: Gently dry your monitor with a clean, soft microfiber cloth or let it air dry.
Step 2: To avoid moisture-caused electrical damage, ensure your screen is completely dry before turning your computer back on.
Comptuner Recommendation –
How to Factory Reset a Computer?