Zoom has been the goto video conferencing service for everyone. Up to 500 users can simultaneously video chat and open free accounts with the Zoom app. Video Webinars, Rooms, Workspaces, Meetings, Chat, and Personal Meets are all taken care of quite effectively by this app.
Zoom Error Code 3113 Error occurs while trying to host a Zoom meeting. This issue occurs when you do not have the passcode setup or when the waiting list is not enabled for the meeting. This issue can occur on both desktop (Windows, macOS) and mobile (Android, iOS) devices.
Why does the Zoom Error Code 3113 error occur?
- This error can occur due to non-enabled passcode or waiting list.
- This error can occur due to outdated Zoom app.
How to Solve Zoom Error Code 3113 Error?
1. Fix Zoom Error Code 3113 by Enabling Passcode or Waiting List
If an error occurs when trying to schedule a meeting using the Zoom website through the mobile or desktop application, the room may not meet the minimum security requirements. To prevent unauthorized access to a meeting, Zoom requires someone who can set up the meeting to enable either a passcode or a waiting room. As of 27 September 2020, Zoom requires most users to have a passcode or waiting room enabled for all meetings.
This requirement is for the following account types:
- Government account holders with less than 100 licenses.
- Business Accounts with 10 to 100 licenses.
- Free Zoom Accounts.
- Users with a single license.
- PRO accounts with two or more licenses.
Follow below steps to enable passcode or waiting list:
- Open the Zoom app and click on Schedule a meeting to start the process of setting up a meeting.
- Configure the meeting normally, then scroll down to the Security section.
- In this section, ensure that either the Passcode or Waiting Room checkboxes are enabled.
- Once the scheduled meeting is fully configured, tap on Save to schedule the meeting and check the problem is resolved or not.
Compatible Zoom versions that can be used with Waiting Rooms
|Desktop Users||Mobile Users|
|Windows: v5.1.2 or higher|
macOS: v5.1.2 or higher
Linux: v5.1.422789.0705 or higher
|Android: v5.1.28652.0706 or higher|
iOS: v5.1.228642.0705 or higher
2. Fix Zoom Error Code 3113 by updating Zoom App
Troubleshooting is different on every device.
Steps to Update Zoom App on Windows:
- Press ‘Windows + R’ shortcut key, type ‘appwiz.cpl’ into the Run dialog box and hit ‘Enter’.
- On the Programs and Features window, If you are prompted by the UAC (User Account Control), tap on ‘Yes’ button to grant admin access. Scroll down through the list of installed programs and find the listing associated with Zoom.
- When you find the correct listing, right-click on it and select ‘Uninstall’ from the drop-down menu.
- Follow all the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation process and reboot your PC.
- After restart your PC, open your default browser and go to this Zoom download page to get the latest version of the Zoom desktop application.
- Now, tap on the ‘Download’ button to get the installer.
- After complete downloading process, double-click on it, then follow the on-screen instructions to install the latest available version of Zoom Cloud Meetings.
- After complete installation process, open the Zoom App and login with your account before scheduling another meeting and check the problem is resolved or not.
Steps to Update Zoom App on Android:
- On your Android phone or tablet, Open the Google Play Store application.
- Inside the Google Play Store application, click on ‘My apps & games’ from the left panel, then click on Library.
- From the My apps & games menu, choose the ‘Installed’ tab at the top, then scroll down through the list of installed applications and click on the ‘Zoom’ app.
- Now, tap on the ‘Uninstall’ button and wait for the operation to complete.
- After the application is uninstalled, return to the Google Play store and install the latest version of the Zoom application and check the problem is resolved or not.
Steps to Update Zoom App on iOS:
- On the home screen of your iOS device, press and hold on to the Zoom icon until you see that the app icon starts jiggling.
- After you see it jiggling, simply click on the ‘small X’ button at the upper left corner of the icon to start the uninstallation process.
- After the application is uninstalled, click on the ‘Home’ button to exit the deletion mode.
- Now, navigate the App Store to open it, find the Zoom app and follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall it.
- Install Zoom application and check the problem is resolved or not.
We have described all the solutions to resolve Zoom Error Code 3113. Hope you are like it! Thanks for reading this article. If you want to know more about How to Share Computer Audio on Zoom. Click Here