A folder on mac is used to organize documents and store other types of files such as libraries, applications, and archives. But today many people don’t know how to create a folder on mac, so we thought of helping you with that!
How do you create a folder on Mac?
Mac offers several ways to create a new folder. we will explain 3 different ways you can do that.
From Mac Desktop (Right-Click)
- Right-click in an empty space on the mac desktop
- Tap New Folder.
From Mac Desktop (Menu)
- Click the “File” beside “Finder.
- Tap New Folder from the drop-down list.
- Click the Launchpad icon in the Dock.
- Type Terminal in the search field, then click Terminal.
- In the terminal, type cd desktop and tap enter.
- Type mkdir folder1 and then tap enter.
How to move items into folders?
- Launch Finder from the Dock and browse for the file that you want to move.
- Simply drag and drop the file or folder into the location you desire. This drag-and-drop method can be used to move and store files in folders.
How to group multiple items into a new folder?
Right-click on the file in the Finder and choose to Move to Trash. This also works when you have multiple files selected. To add files to your folder, simply drag the desired files into the respective folder.