The US global computer security software company ‘MCAFEE‘ has established itself as the world’s largest security technology company. The brand was founded in 1987 and develops digital security tools for PCs, servers and mobile devices. The good thing is that this antivirus program protects your computer from malicious software that even tries to install without the user’s knowledge. But at the earliest opportunity it can be removed, these are the legal programs you want to install. Therefore, its temporary closure is necessary.
However, deactivation methods may vary. It depends on whether you have stand-alone McAfee antivirus software or own the entire McAfee Security Center. In this blog we will inform you about methods of temporarily shutting down Mcafee Security Center on Windows or Mac PC. To do this, it will be deleted from your computer. Keep in mind that if it is your only antivirus software, disabling your device will make you vulnerable to viruses. The steps you need to take are listed below:
How to Disable Mcafee Antivirus from Computer?
- First, open the Start menu or click on the Windows logo at the bottom left of the screen.
- Then enter Mcafee in the Start field.
- Now click on McAfee® TotalProtection. You can find it at the top of the Startup window (with the subtitle “Desktop application” under the name).
- In the Mcafee window, go to the Computer Security tab (located in the upper left corner). Then click on Real-time scan, ie on the left side of the Mcafee window.
- Select the shutdown option. You can see it at the top right of the page.
- After selecting the timeout, click Off.
If you want to disable McAfee until you manually enable it, go to Never within the timeout option.
If you turn off real-time scanning, leave this window.
In this step, click the Firewall tab. You can find this option at the bottom of the Real-Time Scanning tab on the left side of any window.
- Click Disable (ie at the top right of the page).
- If your Firewall page is empty, it means that your McAfee Firewall is gone. You can skip the next two steps. After selecting a timeout, click Disable. As a result, Mcafee remains excluded until the end of the season.
- To close the firewall window, click the X in the upper right corner.
- Then go to Automatic Update (you will see this option at the bottom of the firewall).
- Then select Disable. Then click Schedule Check. The option is just below Automatic Update.
- Now click Off.
All your Mcafee services are now gone. If it fails, the second option is to completely remove it from your computer.
How to Disable Mcafee Antivirus from Mac Computer?
- First, click on Mcafee icon. It is white “M” on red shield icon situated at the top-right side of Mac’s menu bar.
- If not able to see this icon, click magnifying glass icon (in top-right corner). After then, type in “McAfee” followed by clicking Internet Security option.
- Next, click Total Protection Console (it is near the bottom of Mcafee drop-down menu).
- After then, go for Home tab i.e on the upper left side of Window.
- Tap Gear icon i.e at the top-right corner of Home tab.
- Next, click Real-Time Scanning (near the top of the gear drop-down menu). It will open a window for Real-Time Scanning.
- To disable Real-Time Scanning:
- Click the lock icon.
- Enter the administrator password here and press OK.
- Then click on the Real-Time Scanning radio button, ie in the upper right corner.
- Then close the Real-Time Scan window.
- Again click on the gear icon and then the firewall.
- Then it’s time to turn off Mcafee’s Firewall. Do it the same way you disabled real-time scanning.
- Click the shortcut icon again, and then click Automatic Updates.
- Now deactivate automatic updates. Do this in the same way that you disabled real-time scanning and the firewall.
- Click the shortcut icon again, and then click Schedule Scan.
- Open the Full and Custom Scan Settings page here. Then click the shortcut icon and enter the administrator password. Press OK. Select the Weekly drop-down box (ie, to the far left of the “Scheduled Checks” page).
- If no option is available, click Schedule Checks.
- Select Never. This saves McAfee from reactivating it in order to scan your computer.
- Click the shortcut icon again and go to McAfee Site Advisor. It is responsible for this antivirus presence in the browsers on your Mac.
- To disable SiteAdvisor, click the radio button in the upper right corner of the Site Advisor page. After pressing the lock icon, enter the administrator password.
- Finally, close the settings window. This will completely disable McAfee on your Mac.
Steps to Disable Mcafee For Chrome users
- Users must open Google Chrome first.
- Then they are advised to click on the “Menu” icon in the upper right corner.
- Then click “More tools.”
- Now select the “Extensions” option.
- Users are also encouraged to uncheck “Mcafee WebAdvisor” or “SiteAdvisor”.
Steps to Disable Mcafee For Internet Explorer users
- Go to Internet Explorer.
- Then find the “Tools” menu and click on it.
- Users are then encouraged to select “Manage Add-ons”.
- Users are now encouraged to select “McAfee WebAdvisor” or “SiteAdvisor” and click “Disable.”
Steps to Disable Mcafee For Firefox users
- Initially, users should open the “Firefox” browser.
- Next, users must click on the stacked menu icon in the upper right corner.
- Then select “Add-ons”.
- Users are now prompted to click the “Disable” button next to “McAfee WebAdvisor” or “SiteAdvisor”.
McAfee WebAdvisor for Mac is no longer available as a standalone application. WebAdvisor for Mac is already an integrated feature of McAfee LiveSafe for Mac. The only way to get it is to uninstall LiveSafe instead of uninstalling it.