Stereo Mix is a sound tool that allows the user to record the output stream of a computer such as broadcasting radio, speaker outputs, live streaming audios and system sounds. It is useful to fix & enhance the stereo mix feature of your sound card. Stereo mix not comes default with some sound cards in Windows 10. It is also known as ‘What You Hear’. It mixes all the audio channels in your Windows 10 computer. You can use it as audio recording software to record all audio outputs from your computer.
Steps to Download Stereo Mix for Windows 10
- Press ‘Windows +X’ and select ‘System’.
- To check the ‘Device specifications’ of your computer, check the ‘System Type’. If it is ’64-bit’ or ’32-bit’.
- Go to this Realtek website to download the codec.
- Now, click on the download icon beside the codec according to the system type (64-bit or 32-bit).
- Click the option ‘I accept to the above’, type your email address and click the ‘Download this file’ button to start the download process.
- Select a location to download the codec package and click on ‘Save’ to save it.
- Press ‘Windows + E’ to open the File Explorer window.
- Open a folder where you have downloaded the package. Double-click on it and click on ‘Next’ to start the installation process.
- After installation process, tap on ‘Finish’.
Steps to Enable Stereo Mix for Windows 10
- Press ‘Windows + R’ and type “mmsys.cpl” and press ‘Enter’.
- In the Sounds window, click ‘Recording’ tab.
- In the ‘Recording’ tab, right-click on a space and then check the option ‘Show Disabled Devices’.
- Now, Stereo Mix is visible in the list of the drivers.
- Right-click on ‘Stereo Mix’ and then select ‘Enable’ from the context menu.
- Now, you will see a little green sign beside the ‘Stereo Mix‘ option.
- Click on ‘Apply’ and then click on ‘OK’ button to save the changes.
Steps to Turn ON the Microphone Access
- Press ‘Windows + I’ and click on the ‘Privacy’ option.
- Now, click on the ‘Microphone’ on the left-hand side, click on the ‘Change’ under the ‘Microphone access for this device’ and Toggle it to ‘ON’.
Steps to Use Stereo Mix in Windows 10
- Open the audio recording program on your PC and search the option for microphone input of the program.
- Choose Stereo Mix as the sound input in the recording software.
- If you don’t want to record audio from other devices, you can mute other audio recording devices like your microphone or headset before clicking Record or unplug your microphone, and set Stereo Mix as the default recording device in Sound window.
How Stereo Mix Works on Windows 10
Stereo Mix uses its own sound card driver to wrap your real sound card by adding a virtual audio card on Windows 10 then Stereo Mix driver opens your recording module from the driver for you to record. ‘What Your Here’ sounds, which brings back the old stereo mix feature.
Here we described, How to Download Stereo Mix for Windows 10. Hope you are like it! Thanks for reading this article. If you want to know more details about How to Change Mac Address on Windows 10. Click Here.