Facebook’s messenger app allows you to send and receive messages from your friends and family, but what happens if the message gets deleted or archived by mistake? This article will show you how to find your archived messages on Facebook so that you can use them again.
Method to Find Archived Messages On Facebook
View Archived Messages on Facebook Messenger is very easy, just follow the step-by-step instructions below:
Method 1: Using the Website
- Go to facebook.com and log in with your account, if you haven’t already!
- Click on the Messenger option, you can find it on the left panel under your profile name.
- Click on the Settings option; It’s a ‘gear‘-like icon. From the drop-down options.
- Select the ‘Archived threads‘ option to see a full list of your archived messages on Messenger.
- To retrieve archived messages of your choice, simply send another text to the particular recipient.
- It automatically unarchive the entire conversation and that recipient will be shown on your Recent Conversations area.
Method 2: Using the Mobile App
- Open the Messenger app and log into your account, if you haven’t already.
- Tap the gear in the top left corner, and select “Archived Chats.”
- Find and select messages from your friend that are displayed in the list.
- Messages from friends that have been archived will be displayed.
How to Archive Facebook Messages?
To archive a chat, follow the below steps:
- Open the Facebook Messenger app and locate a chat you wish to archive.
- Click the 3 dots next to the chat you want to archive and select Archive Chat.