Most convenient way to transfer data from PC to new PC is to use the company’s local area network as the transfer medium with both computers connected to the network, you can map the hard drive of one computer as a hard drive on the other computer.
How to Transfer Files and Settings to a New Computer?
- Connect a sufficiently large external hard drive to your old computer
- Then drag-and-drop (copy-and-paste) all the files you need from your old computer onto the drive.
- Disconnect the drive from the old computer, connect it to the new computer, and move the files onto the new computer.
How Many Ways to Transfer Files from One Computer to Another ?
There are 5 ways to transfer files from one computer to another :-
- Use an External Storage Media-This is the easiest way to transfer files, Stick a USB flash drive into one computer and copy the data & Stick the same drive into the other computer, then paste the data.
- Share Over LAN or Wi-Fi- There are two main ways to share files and folders. The first is to set up a local area network (LAN), & the second is to use software to transfer files over Wi-Fi.
- Use a Transfer Cable-For computer to computer transfer, you need a USB bridging cable or a USB networking cable. It’s faster than using drives since the copy-and-paste process happens simultaneously between the connected systems.
- Connect the HDD or SSD Manually-Hard disk drives (HDD) and some Solid State Drives (SSD) use standard SATA cables to connect to the motherboard. If you have a spare SATA or eSATA (external SATA) port, connect your old hard drive there.
- Use Cloud Storage or Web Transfers-the best way to transfer files from PC to PC in terms of convenience, since more and more users now use cloud storage to save their files, this is probably the easiest way to sync your files between computers.
What Cable do I Need to Transfer Data from One Computer to Another?
The USB cable can be used to transfer data from one computer to another using Microsoft operating system. It saves your time
Do not need an external device to first upload the data in order to transfer to a different computer. USB data transfer is also faster than data transfer via wireless network.