How to update my laptop ?
New programs and features are constantly being developed for computers. Updates include certain Microsoft updates available for download to fix bugs, improve your Internet experience, and scan for security threats. Microsoft Windows isn’t perfect, and if you don’t update your computer often, you might not have access to new features, or the latest security updates for Windows Defender. Updating your laptop is no different than updating a desktop PC and only takes a few minutes.
Open Windows Update. Windows Update is a program that is installed on every computer with Windows. You can get Windows Updates by clicking the “Start” menu and typing “update.” Click “Windows Update“.
Check if your computer is up to date. You can check for new updates by selecting “Check for Updates” from Windows Update. “Check for Updates” is an icon in the upper-left corner of the Windows Update menu. Windows will display all available updates.
Choose which updates to install. Windows will categorize updates into “optional” and “recommended” categories. You can go to each of these sections by clicking on the links (the titles act as links). You can manually choose which updates to install. If you choose to update your computer manually, Microsoft recommends that you check for updates once a week.
Set your computer to update automatically. On the Windows Update screen, click “Change Settings” on the left. You will see a pull-down menu that allows you to choose the option to install updates manually or automatically. You can also choose when your computer installs these updates.
Key Features of Software Updater
- Instant access to millions of updated software titles.
- Automatic updates for all your applications, fast.
- Timely detection of system and software vulnerabilities.
- A scheduler to run the app automatically in the background.
- Choose which updates to install and which to skip.
- No malware, adware and viruses.
- Free of added bundles, installers or toolbars.
- Fast, reliable and easy to use.
Laptop for Updates
Having out-of-date programs on your PC is a serious security risk because outdated applications often have vulnerabilities. These security gaps are usually fixed with updates and patches, and that’s why it’s so important to keep all your installed programs up-to-date at all times. We know too well how difficult it is to keep track of all those updates – that’s why we’ve developed Software Updater.
Software Updater helps you to keep your Windows software up to date automatically. It has access to a vast database of software titles and can update all your installed programs quickly and easily.
- Click on the Start menu in the bottom left corner of your screen — it looks like the Windows logo.
- From there, click on the Settings icon, which is a small icon that looks like a gear.
- At the bottom of the Settings menu, click “Update & Security.”
- Click on “Check for updates” to see if your computer is up-to-date, or if there are any updates available. Your computer will also show the date and time of when it was last updated.
- If there were updates available, they’ll begin to download automatically. On the next screen, your computer will show the current status of your updates. Broader system updates will also be noted on this screen.
You can also view further information about your computer’s and leptop updates by clicking the various links on the Updates page.