An output devices is extension that receives data from a computer, usually for display, projection, or physical reproduction. It allows data to be transmitted by the computer in a human-friendly form. For example, the image shows an printer, an output devices that make a hard copy of anything shown on the monitor.
Types of Output Device –
A hardware device capable of producing visual, audio, interpretable or physically accessible results. On the basis of these different types of output device are obtained. These devices can be broadly classified into 4 categories :
As the name suggests, if the user is able to view the result, or the output obtained is a picture or video on the screen, then the device is called a visual output device. For example, a monitor, a projector, a video card, etc.
The result of a data output device is readable and understandable by the user, but cannot be accessed otherwise. This type of output is usually textual in nature. For example, GPS, etc.
The device which provide a printed hard copy of the electronic data processed by the computer are called print output device. For example, printer, braille reader, plotter, etc.
The hardware device used to receive information in audio format from the computer are called sound output device. For example, headphones, speakers, sound cards, etc.
List of Output Device –
These are the devices used to display the computer in a human-readable form for any given task.
Now we discuss some output device :
- Monitor : Monitor is the main output device. It is an electronic visual computer display that includes a screen, circuitry and the case in which that circuitry is enclosed. It is also called VDU(Visual Display Unit) and it looks like a TV screen. The Monitor displays the information from the computer like images, contents and videos.
- Printer : A printer is an output device that transfers data from the computer in a printed format by using text or images on paper. In simple words Printer is a one that makes copies by chemical or photographic means. There are both colored and black & white printers. Further, there are also different types of printers, like Laser Printer, Dot-matrix printers, and Inkjet printers.
- Plotter : It is similar to a printer but potters are large in size. Plotters are used to print graphical output on paper. It generates large drawings, architectural blueprints, etc. on paper and these are high-quality images and drawings and large in size. It interprets computer commands and makes line drawings on paper using multicolored automated pens.
- Speakers : A computer speaker is an output hardware device that connects to a computer to generate sound. It is generally used to play music or anything having sound. The signal used to produce the sound that comes from a computer speaker is created by the computer’s sound card.
- GPS : Global Positioning System is a satellite-based navigation system that makes use of radio signals to locate a particular location. The sender transmits a radio signal to satellites, the satellites collect information regarding time, location, speed, etc., and send it to the receiver computer for processing. This processed data can be interpreted to get the information, and therefore, belongs to the set of data output device.