The Waasmedic Agent Exe and Mouso Core Worker Process are similar in terms of acquiring 100% disk usage in the background. Both run independently of each other in the task manager and have minor differences.
Well, the users reported that when they try to start their computer it lags. Even when they try to launch the browser it almost takes approximately minutes to launch. In this situation, all you need to do is to check the Task Manager. In Task Manager you will see all the services running on your Windows OS. You will see 100% disk usage in the task manager which causes lagging issues. The almost disk usage is taken by Waasmedic Agent Exe or Service Host Sysmain process.
What is Waasmedic Agent Exe?
Speaking of deactivation, you can do anything, but Windows 10 will stay good for Windows Update. Like Windows Desktop Manager, it is difficult to remove, but you can disable it. Disabling Waasmedic Agent Exe should be your last chance to fix 100% disk usage, it should be your first priority. When we talk about causes, the causes of each computer are different because each computer is configured differently.
If you’ve read the article above, then it’s time to move on to the actual fix. Make sure you make the repairs properly. Once the first fix fixes the problem, there is no need to proceed with further fixes. Restart Windows 10 before advanced repairs. Restarting will resolve many issues in Windows 10. Then, turn off or uninstall the antivirus software that is on your Windows 10. Now remove the removable disk, such as USB flash drives or HDD. If they don’t heal, go for cheap repairs.
Pause Windows Update
Waasmedic Agent Exe is one of the most important components or services. This applies to the Windows Update Medic Service. This service was first launched in Windows 10. Its function is to ensure that Windows Update is smooth and secure against interference. If Windows Update is stopped due to malware or viruses, this service will fix it. You may think it’s a third-party tool, but let me explain that it’s a necessary part of Windows 10.
- At first launch Windows 10, Settings app holding Windows key and I key.
- From the open screen tap on the Update and Security option for the further process.
- Now from the left pane tap on the Windows Update option.
- This will be open on the right pane. Scroll the screen till you won’t get the “Pause updates for 7 days” option. Once you get it then tap on it.
There are situations where Windows Update cannot install some important files and displays error codes or messages. Offers the option to download. Due to these repeated downloads and error codes or messages, Windows 10 resources are rather exhausted and long.
You do not have an update on your Windows 10 for 7 days. You will receive updates after 7 days. To have updates, click Restore Updates.
Use the Disk Cleanup tool
Insufficient space in Windows 10 will lead to high disk usage of the Waasmedic Agent EXE. This will slow down your Windows 10. To fix this, you will need to delete unnecessary files from Windows 10. This can be done using the Disk Cleanup tool. This feature is available in all versions of Windows.
- Launch a search bar on your Windows 10.
- Once you have it then type Disk Cleanup and then tap on the first result.
- Now you have to select the drive on which Windows 10 is installed.
- Hit on the OK button and tap on the Cleanup system files option.
- At last hit on OK button
This will start cleaning your Windows 10. This will also delete broken registry entries. After the process check for the Waasmedic Agent Exe is consuming more resources or not. If no then good! if yes then continue reading this article.
In Windows 10, you will have problems with long disk usage if you have viruses and malware. You can solve this by studying the DEP for this service. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Do right tap on the Desktop and select the Properties option.
- Go on the Advanced tab and tap on the Settings option which is under the Performace section.
- Now go on the Data Execution Prevention tab and select “Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only”.
- After this tap on Add option and then select the waasmedic.exe.
- At last tap on Open.
So, this is how you can turn on DEP for a particular service.
Disable Waasmedic Agent Exe
If all the above fixes do not work in your case, then it is time to deactivate Waasmedic Agent Exe in your Windows 10. Deactivating the manual is not possible. When you try to disable it, you receive a restricted error. The error means that it is not appropriate to deactivate it. You can use a third-party tool to deactivate this exe process. Here are the steps to use a third-party tool to deactivate Windows 10.
- Download Windows Update Blocker on your Windows 10. Make sure you download it from a trusted source.
- Once you have downloaded then open it and tap on Menu.
- Now select Windows Services and in its look for Windows Update Medic Service.
- After this copy the service name and launch the Windows Update Blocker directory.
- In it launch ini file in a notepad. Now paste the service name under dosvc=2,4 and type =3,4 in front of the service name.
- Launch the Windows Update Blocker and tap on Apply button
You have disabled Waasmedic Agent Exe on your Windows 10. In case if you want to enable service then launch Windows Update Blocker. In it tap on Enable Service and hit on Apply button.
I hope that after applying the above fixes you got rid of Waasmedic Agent Exe 100% disk usage in Task Manager on Windows 10.