Google Fi makes all your favorite phones better. Phones designed for Fi give you better coverage by intelligently shifting between networks. Fi can help the phone you already have work better, too. With a plan, you’ll get improved network coverage. Wi-Fi hotspots if available to ensure you always have the most reliable connection wherever possible. With a plan and compatible phone, you can get no-nonsense cell service with several benefits at an affordable price. It is a part of Google.
Features of Google Fi :
- Puts a lot of emphasis on privacy and security, adding VPNs to its plans.
- End-to-end call encryption for Android devices.
- Built-in spam call filtering feature.
- Create a budget for data usage.
- Content filters.
- Screen time limits.
- App download approval.
How to set up Google Fi ?
Set up a new device :
- Sign up for Google Fi.
For SIM cards:
- When you sign up, order a SIM card at no charge.
- Buy a SIM card at a retail store.
- Pixel 2 and up: Use an eSIM with phones compatible with Fi.
- On your new phone, download the app.
- Sign in and follow the on-screen instructions.
Switch to a new device:
- To check if your new device works with Fi, follow the step-by-step guide.
Is Google Fi Right for You?
If you have any interest in the supported phones and think you’re paying too much for cell service, give a look. It’s especially handy if you’re on Wi-Fi often and don’t use much data. It’s not for everyone, but it’s affordable, provides great features, and lets you escape from the fees and pains of traditional carriers.
Is Google Fi Free ?
No, it have many plans like you have to pay $20 per month to get unlimited domestic talk, international messaging & cellular coverage in 200+ countries. Moreover, you can get additional data by paying $10 per GB provided you haven’t hit 6GB ($60) yet.
What are the benefits of Google Fi?
- Fixed prices.
- Unlimited data and texts.
- Free calls between the US, Canada and Mexico.
- Up to 35 GB of free.
- 5 GB of Wi-Fi hotspot tethering per person.