Intune is Microsoft’s mobile device management (MDM) solution that allows you to manage any and all aspects of your company’s mobile devices from one central location and has been steadily gaining in popularity over the last few years, especially with the growth of cloud computing and the adoption of Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policies in many offices.
Since Intune’s inception, Microsoft has continued to upgrade the program, adding new features and capabilities every year as well as improving its performance and reliability, ensuring that it remains at the forefront of mobile device management solutions.
What are the benefits of Intune?
- Management of Office mobile apps – With Microsoft Intune you can increase the Mobile productivity of your employees with access to corporate resources on Office mobile apps they know and love.
- Data Protection – Secure corporate data, including Exchange email, Outlook email, and OneDrive for Business documents, based on the enrollment status of the device and the compliance policies set by the administrator.
- No need to maintain Infrastructure – Eliminate the need to plan, purchase, and maintain hardware and infrastructure by managing mobile devices from the cloud with Intune.
- Integration with Enterprise – Extend your existing System Center Configuration Manager infrastructure through integration with Intune to provide a consistent management experience across devices on-premises and in the cloud.
- Flexible licensing – licenses per user mean less time spent counting devices!
What can you do with Microsoft Intune?
Microsoft Intune is an excellent cloud-based service for MDM (mobile device management) and MAM (mobile application management). Here’s a quick overview of everything you can do with it.
- Mobile Device Management (MDM)
Microsoft Intune provides mobile device management, mobile application management, and PC management capabilities from the cloud. Using Intune, organizations can provide their employees with access to corporate applications, data, and resources from virtually anywhere on almost any device, while helping to keep corporate information secure.
- Mobile Application Management (MAM)
Mobile application management (MAM) in Intune is designed to protect organization data at the application level, including custom apps and store apps. App management can be used on organization-owned devices and personal devices. When apps are managed in Intune, administrators can:
- Add and assign mobile apps to user groups and devices, including users in specific groups, devices in specific groups, and more.
- Configure apps to start or run with specific settings enabled, and update existing apps already on the device.
- See reports on which apps are used, and track their usage.
- Do a selective wipe by removing only organization data from apps.