Internet is the best source that can help you make music digitally. The best free music-making software makes it simple and easy to record MIDI and audio tracks, without needing to pay for expensive licenses.
List of The Best Music Making Software for Windows
1. Ableton Live Lite 9
Ableton Live launched in 2001 as a new music designing platform for musicians. You’ll find many other desktop and mobile apps influenced by their rulebook. In the latest version of the software, you will find many exciting features like drum bus, wavetable synth and echo, and pedal effects.
- It offers several live performance and composition workflow for inspiration.
- The Echo effect features a number of modes, including Ping Pong, Mid/Side, and Stereo.
- The suite version of the software comes with a variety of samples to give you some ideas.
- The new wavetable synth contains some amazing sounds.
- It comes in three different versions with several input options.
Price : Free
2. Image-Line FL Studio
Ruling over the hip-hop and EDM realms, FL Studio was launched as Fruityloops at first. This beat making software for PC is ideal for people who are totally new to this sector. It comes with the most basic protocols you would need as a beginner, including stretching the pitch shifting, sound correction, and cut-paste. Besides, you get 30 synth software if you want to go with something out of the box.
- The user-friendly interface supports almost any kind of device, including a microphone and MIDI keyboards.
- The MIDI functionalities come with a number of excellent loop and pattern-based composition tools.
- You can efficiently operate the visible automation clips.
- It’s available in four different versions, and each of them comes with separate features.
- This music-making software for Windows PC is compatible with multiple displays as well as a touch-screen monitor.
Price : Complete access all unlocked : $737
3. PreSonus Studio One
PreSonus Studio One launched a new music designing platform for musicians. The latest version of the software comes with Harmonic Editing of the MIDI tracks and monophonic and polyphonic audio. Besides, there are 7 new functions in this version to improve the overall response.
- The software allows you to automatically shift a song or any other individual element to a user-defined key.
- You get new patterns and drum with the latest MIDI editors.
- It has gotten an excellent workflow for both audio recording and music composition.
- The USP comes with unlimited FX, audio files, and virtual tools.
- You get DDP import/export with the mastering facilities.
Price : Free
4. Cockos Reaper 6
Reaper is the cheapest music making software with a sophisticated MIDI routing ability. This customizable DAW is highly responsive and offers really fast service. Everything is smoother and quicker, from scrolling to zooming, editing, and fading items, than most other music software you can find.
- It supports an unlimited number of tracks and effects for easy editing.
- It comes with a relatively low CPU usage to save your computer from overheating.
- 32-bit plugins are auto-bridged in a 64-bit environment.
- The software offers 300 free plugins with the latest version.
- You can do Lua scripting with a built-in IDE in the software.
Price : A personal, school, or small business license for Reaper costs $60
5. Avid Pro Tools
Pro Tools is a digital audio workstation (DAW) developed and released by Avid Technology for Microsoft Windows. It is used for music creation and production, sound for picture and, more generally, sound recording, editing, and mastering processes. This software allows you to update your timeline and tracks while you are in a playback.
This helps test the presets, effects, loop points, and many other things without stopping the music.
- The software comes with Avid Cloud Collaboration that gives you cloud-based project storage.
- You get a really fast 64 bits recording with a mixing engine.
- The software has one of the best high-end hardware and support policies.
- You get new Plugsound and Factory sound packs.
- The commit and freeze options are really powerful and excellently useful.
Price : $199.00 1-Year Subscription
Audacity is a free and open-source digital audio editor and recording application software, available for Windows. The software has everything you will need as a beginner composer: fine-tuning the pitch, treble, bass, and many more. Moreover, you can even analyze the frequencies using assess tracks.
- The editing options are ideal for dialogue and trimming music tracks.
- The software supports multitrack audio as well as batch processing.
- The community support is great and offers you a lot of documents for help.
- You get fade tracks for in and out messaging.
- You can record sound WASAPI easily.
Price : Free
7. Magix Acid
Magix Acid record on multiple tracks simultaneously & play virtual instruments. The new ACID version is the ultimate instrument for hip-hop producers & beat artists. It is one of the best music production software for Windows PC which includes powerful audio pitch-shifting and audio time-stretching. In its latest version, it became compatible with MIDI too. It is really fast, easy to use, and competent.
- It comes with AMmunition, which has an excellent limiter/compressor used on individual key tracks.
- The Stem Maker lets you work with minimal samples easily.
- The MIDI Playable Chopper made the implementation easy and simple work.
- The Core ACID program allows you to work with an excellent loop-based composition.
- The ACID Morph Pads with the software offers many creative effect management tools that allow you to morph between several effects presets.
Price : Magix ACID Pro 10 for Windows $ 149 .00
Tracktion is a digital audio workstation for recording and editing audio and MIDI. The software is cross-platform, running on Apple macOS, Microsoft Windows, and Linux. It is a two years old free music production software for Windows PC. It’s the interface. It is really easy to use and understand, and you can get everything within a single window. Now, if you select any other specification, the bottom panel will turn into a screen.
- You can fine-tune anything according to the workflow you have.
- You get unlimited numbers of audio and MIDI tracks.
- The software supports many plugin formats, including VST, Audio Units, and many more.
- It comes with many helpful tools like step and edit clips.
- The contemporary music production is really well-geared.
Price : $377 Total Pack Value
9. DarkWave Studio
DarkWave Studio is a free Digital Audio Workstation for Windows. It’s a CPU power saver and ensures taking the least amount of space possible. You can not only use digital music patterns but also arrange patterns while mixing up with track patterns.
- You get many extraordinary features, including Virtual Studio, Pattern Editor, Sequence Editor, and Pattern editor.
- The recording option allows you to select any of the plugins to create virtual effects on your music tracks.
- You get advanced digital audio as well as a MIDI workstation along with improved editing and songwriting tools.
- The virtual studio is modular and lets you connect devices.
- The minimalist GUI is divided into three different workstations for your benefit.
Price : Free
Ardour is a hard disk recorder and digital audio workstation application that runs on Linux, macOS, FreeBSD and Microsoft Windows. It allows you to record a track, edit it, and mix it. This software is very complex.
- This is an open-source, free music production software.
- It supports LV2 plugins for extended functionalities.
- You get inline mixing consoles with the software.
- It offers an excellent support community.
- The software totally supports LADSPA plugins.
Price : Free
Here we described all the Best Music Making Software for Windows Hope you are like it! Thanks for reading this.