A wireless or Wi-Fi network provides all the functions of a wired network as well as the convenience of radio-signals being in different locations within the network. Wireless or Wi-Fi networks allow you to share the network with more than one laptop. You can find the SSID (network) of your Net gear router by having the HP Laptop Wireless Switch on.
Different Methods to Find the Wireless Switch on a HP Laptop
Method:1 Turn-on Wireless in Windows 8
- Press ‘Windows’ key on your keyboard, type “wireless” on the search bar.
- Select ‘Turn wireless devices on or off’ or ‘Change Wi-Fi Settings’ option.
- Now, click on the toggle of Wireless Network Connection under Wireless devices to on the Wireless Network Connection.
Method:2 Turn-on Wireless in Windows 7
- Press ‘Windows + X’ key on your keyboard.
- Select ‘Control Panel’ option.
- On the control panel window, tap on ‘Network and Internet’ and tap on the ‘Network and Sharing Center’.
- Choose ‘Change adapter settings’ option from the left panel.
- Now, right-click on ‘Wireless Connection’ and choose ‘Enable’ option from the context menu.
Method:3 Turn-on Wireless Key on keyboard
- Press the ‘Power’ button on your HP laptop.
- The wireless switch on HP laptops is located near a switch on the side or front of the laptop, which is used to turn on wireless functions. If the wireless key is not on the side or front, the switch may be on the top of the keyboard or one of the function keys on the top of the keyboard. A switch is an icon that looks like a wireless tower emitting a signal.
- The indicator light on the key will change from amber to blue when the switch is slid or pressed to the ON position and wireless will be enabled.
Where is the Wireless Switch on of different HP Laptop Models:
|HP/Compaq (General Older models)||Button on upper Left on keyboard deck.|
|HP/Compaq (General Newer models)||Button on lower Left below keyboard.|
|Compaq (General)||Press and hold the antenna-button on the upper section of your keyboard.|
|Compaq Armada Services||No Built-in Wireless for this model.|
|Compaq Pavilion ZX5190||Wireless switch is on the keypad, slightly separate from the keys. It has a wireless symbol on it.|
|Compaq Presario||Button on the Back Compaq Presario.|
|CQ Series||The button looks like an antenna icon, which is located above the keyboard.|
|Compaq Presario M2000||The button looks like an antenna icon, which is located above the keyboard.|
|HP/Compaq 6910p Notebook PC||Buttons to the right of the power button.|
|HP 600||Button on lower Left below keyboard.|
|HP NC4000/4010||Button above Keyboard.|
|HP NC4220||Button on Left Side of Laptop near USB Port.|
|HP NC6000/6220||Button above Keyboard.|
|HP NX9010||Button on Front side of Laptop.|
|HP Omnibook 6200||Button on Left side of Laptop.|
Here we described all the methods related to Where is the Wireless Switch on a HP Laptop. Hope you have got your problem’s solution! Thanks for reading this article. If your HP Laptop running slow Windows 10, click here to solve this issue.