A wireless or Wi-Fi network provides all the functions of a wired network as well as the convenience of radio signals being in different locations within the network. Wireless or Wi-Fi networks allow you to share the network with more than one laptop. You can find the SSID (network) of your Net gear router by having the HP Laptop Wireless Switch on.
Methods to Find the Wireless Switch on a HP Laptop
- Press the ‘Windows‘ key and then type “wireless” on the search bar.
- Select the ‘Turn wireless devices on or off‘ or ‘Change Wi-Fi Settings‘ option.
- Then, click on the toggle of Wireless Network Connection under Wireless devices to the Wireless Network Connection.
Method:2 Turn-on Wireless in Windows 7
- Firstly, press the Windows + X key on your keyboard.
- Select the “Control Panel” option.
- Tap on Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center.
- Then, choose the ‘Change adapter settings‘ option from the left panel.
- Now, right-click on ‘Wireless Connection‘ and then choose the ‘Enable‘ option from the context menu.
Method:3 Turn-on Wireless Key on the keyboard
- Firstly, press the ‘Power‘ button on your HP laptop.
- The wireless switch on HP laptops is located near a switch on the side or front of the laptop, which is used to turn on wireless functions. A switch is an icon that looks like a wireless tower emitting a signal.
Note: If the wireless key is not on the side or front, the switch may be on the top of the keyboard or one of the function keys on the top of the keyboard.
- The indicator light on the key will change from amber to blue when the switch is slid or pressed to the ON position and wireless will be enabled.
Where is the Wireless Switch on different HP Laptop Models:
|HP/Compaq (General Older models)||Button on the upper Left on the keyboard deck.|
|HP/Compaq (General Newer models)||Button on the lower left below the keyboard.|
|Compaq (General)||Press and hold the antenna button on the upper section of your keyboard.|
|Compaq Armada Services||No Built-in Wireless for this model.|
|Compaq Pavilion ZX5190||The wireless switch is on the keypad, slightly separate from the keys. It has a wireless symbol on it.|
|Compaq Presario||Button on the Back Compaq Presario.|
|CQ Series||The button looks like an antenna icon, which is located above the keyboard.|
|Compaq Presario M2000||The button looks like an antenna icon, which is located above the keyboard.|
|HP/Compaq 6910p Notebook PC||Buttons to the right of the power button.|
|HP 600||Button on the lower left below the keyboard.|
|HP NC4000/4010||The button above Keyboard.|
|HP NC4220||Button on the Left Side of the Laptop near the USB Port.|
|HP NC6000/6220||The button above Keyboard.|
|HP NX9010||Button on the Front side of the Laptop.|
|HP Omnibook 6200||Button on the Left side of the Laptop.|
Hope you have got your problem’s solution! Thanks for reading this article. If your HP Laptop running slow Windows 10, click here to solve this issue.