Is your Google Email Storage full? Google gives you 15 GB of storage with your free account, so you can store plenty of emails, photos, and documents while using its various services. If you need more than this, there are a few options available to you.
Google $1.99 per month for 100 GB of additional storage space on their service; this will be billed annually at the cost of $24.00 and so on. Alternatively, you could upgrade to Google One, which costs $2.99 per month or $30 per year and includes unlimited storage as well as other perks like discounted flight and hotel bookings with Google Flights and Hotel Finder.
TIP: According to Google, 15 GB of free storage space is more than enough for the average person dealing with email on a regular basis.
What affects your Google Email Account storage?
- Mails: Gmail messages and attachments, which include your Spam and Trash folders.
- Pictures and videos: High Quality and Original, with the second option contributing to more storage space is use.
- Files: Documents: Files created and edited in collaborative content creation apps like Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drawings, Forms, Recorder, and Jamboard.
What happens if my Gmail storage is full?
Google will notify you multiple times if deleting your content is a possibility, so you’ll have plenty of warning. If you go over your storage quota:
- Can’t upload new files or images to Google Drive or Google photos.
- The ability to send and receive an email in Gmail can be impacted.
- Cannot create new files in collaborative content creation apps such as, Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drawings, Forms, and Jamboard.
If your Google is over the storage limit for two years, Google may delete your content from Gmail, Google Photos, and Google Drive (this includes Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drawings, Forms, and Jamboard files).
How do I free up space on my Google account?
Remove Old Emails From Gmail
- Go to mail.google.com on your device.
- In the search box type “has:attachment“
- Select the emails you don’t need, then click Delete.
Remove Unwanted Photos and Videos
- Go to photos.google.com on your device.
- Point at the item you want to delete.
- Then, at the top left, click Select.
- Click Delete and then Move to trash.
Delete Unnecessary Documents in Google Drive
- Go to drive.google.com on your devices.
- Right-click the file you want to delete and then choose the Remove button.
- Go to Trash to remove the file again. In this way, you can delete the file permanently.
- Go to Settings > Manage Apps. If there are hidden data under an app, click Options > Delete hidden app data to remove it.