It’s important to clear the cache on your Windows 10 computer to free up disk space and improve performance. If you don’t know how to do this, just follow the instructions below! They’ll help you clear all types of cache on your computer easily.
It is very important to clear the cache in your device to free up the disk space and improve the speed of your device. Worry not, if you don’t know the process, simply follow the steps according to your web browser – We have also conclude the “How to clear computer cache on Windows 10?”
If the site does not load the latest information, you may need to delete the files stored in memory to allow the browser to retrieve the new information. Follow the instructions below to clear the cache.
How to Clear the Cache in Microsoft Edge?
Using keyword shortcut, clear the browser data in microsoft edge –
- Press the Keys – Cltr+Shift+Del
- New window will appear, click on the button “temporary services and files”.
- Confirm your selection by clicking on the “delete” button.
Clear the Browser Cache in Microsoft Edge through the Menu.
To delete the browser cache in Microsoft Edge through the menu, follow these steps:
- Click the “Hub” icon in the main menu.
- Then search for “History”.
- You can now click “Delete the whole History”.
- Check the box next to “Temporary Services and Files” and confirm your selection by clicking the “Delete” button.
How to Clear the Cache in Google Chrome?
Delete the Browser Cache with a Shortcut.
- Press the keys Ctrl+Shift+Del button together. Make sure you press all the keys at once.
- A new window appear: “Clear Browser cache”.
- Choose in the upper dropdown-menu, for which time period you want to delete the cache data.
- You can select between “last hour”, “last day”, “last week”, “last four weeks” or “all”.
- If you want to delete all cache date, select “all”.
- Check the box in front of “Images and Files in Cache”.
- Submit your selection by clicking the “Delete Browser data” Button.
- Reload your website.
Clear Browser Cache Manually
If you don’t want to use the keyboard shortcut to call the function “Clear Browser data” you can access it manually:
- From the upper right corner, click on the “Menu” button. Open the browser setting.
- Select the option “more tools” from the menu
- Click on “Delete the browser data” in the next step.
- Now you can follow the steps from the description above and select the specific time period (Step 3).
How to Clear the Cache in Opera?
To clear cache in opera, follow the mentioned below steps –
Using the shortcut check how to clear computer cache
- Press Key – [Ctrl], [Shift] and [del] from your keyboard. A new screen will appear where user can find the option to delete cache.
- Choose the option “Since Installation” to clear the complete browser history.
- Select the option “Images and Files in Cache”.
- Confirm your settings, by clicking the button “delete browser data”.
- Reload the page
Access the browser cache options through the menu
Delete the browser cache through the Menu >
- Go to the menu button in the opera browser
- Choose “Data and Security” in the setting tab
- Below the Headline “Privacy” you’ll see the button “Delete Browser data”.
- After that new window will appear
- Select the period “Since installation” to delete the whole browser history
- Check the checkbox “Images and Files in Cache”.
- Confirm your settings with the Button “Delete Browserdata”.
- Refresh the site.
How to Clear the Cache in Mozilla Firefox?
Fast delete with the keyboard shortcut
For deleting the browser cache with a shortcut in Firefox please follow these steps:
- Press following keys at once: [Ctrl], [Shift] and [Del]. A Popup opens with the title “Clear recent history”.
- In the dropdown menu, you can define the time range you want to delete the cache. You have the following options: last hour, last two hours, last four hours, today or all.
- To delete all data, select “All” from the dropdown-menu…
- Afterwards, click on the arrow next to “Details” and toggle the different possibilities to chose which data should be deleted. If you want to delete only the cache, then only mark the checkbox next to “Cache”.
- With a click on the button “clear now” you delete the cache.
- Reload the site afterwards
Delete the cache with the window option in Firefox
Alternatively you can also clear the cache also through the window-menu. Please follow these steps:
- Press the key “Alt” on your keyboard. The window menu from firefox opens.
- In the menu, “History” select “Clear Recent History…”
- Now the Popup-Window opens like described in the instructions above.
- Follow the steps above from the second step.
How to Clear Computer Cache?
Here are also some ways to clear the computer cache, allow us to describe one by one –
Clean the Temporary Files
- Click on the start menu from the taskbar
- Click on seting icon from the menu open
- Click on the system option from the window settings
- Now hit the storage and click on the link free up space now
- Wait till the scanning prcess is complete
- Click on remove files option
- Wait for the cleaning process to be complete.
Clean your Computer Cache with CCleaner
- Simply download and install the CCleaner from the official website.
- Run the stepup file to install it in your computer
- Now open the application and click on analyse button
- Click on Clean All button
This should remove the cached files on your Windows 10 computer.
Clear the Windows Store cache
- Type Windows logo key & R simulatneously
- Enter “wsreset.exe” and Press enter button from the keyboard
- Wait for the process to be complete.
Clean by using Disk Cleanup
- Press the Windows logo key and R on your keyboard at the same time, run box will appear
- Enter “cleanmgr.exe” and press Enter button on your keyboard.
- Click Clean up system files.
- Press Yes when you’re prompted.
- Check all items, then click OK.
- Click Delete Files.
- Wait for the Disk Cleanup utility to clean the files.
Still your computer slow downs? Read our article to get rid away your query.