Bing is the second most used search engine which is owned by Microsoft. While most people believe that Google is the better search engine, it sometimes forces Bing to become the default search engine for your Internet browser, and this article requires how to remove Bing from default search engine. Delete is told about it then you read it.
To remove bing as the default web browsers:
To remove Bing from the default web browser, follow these steps, it can be the default web browser like mozilla firefox , internet explorer , chrome, edge. some of these lines to remove the default web browser are mentioned below, if you have any of these default browser then you can see its removing lines:
If your default browser is Chrome then follow these lines:
- Open your default Google Chrome.
- At the upper-right corner of Chrome click the three-dot menu.
- then click on Settings.
- Under the Appearance section, remove the Bing-related web address from Chrome’s home page and select the New Tab page as Chrome’s home page.
- Under the Search Engines section, open the dropdown menu right next to the search engine used if the address bar option is set to Bing, and click a search engine other than Bing to switch to it.
- Now click on Manage Search Engines.
- Click the More action button next to the listing for Bing, and click Remove from list.
- Click the Back button to return to the main Settings page.
- Then scroll down to On Startup section.
- If the Open a specific page or set of pages option is enabled and is listed as one of the Bing web addresses, click More actions next to it and click Remove.
- Close the Settings page and the changes you made will be saved.
- And you must have removed Bing.
If you want to remove chrome extension then click here..
On Mozilla Firefox:
If your default browser is Mozilla Firefox then follow these lines:
- Click Manage Search Extensions on Firefox.
- Now click on Bing in the list of available search engines and click Remove.
- Then click OK to confirm the action.
- Click the Menu button, and click Tools.
- Afterwards click on Add-ons.
- Then click on Extensions.
- Check to see if the Bing extension is installed. If you see it, click on it to select it and then click Remove.
- And click Restart to restart Firefox.
On Internet Explorer:
If your default browser is Internet Explorer then follow these lines:
- First open internet explorer.
- Then go to Tools > Manage Add-ons.
- Then click on Search Provider from the menu
- And select Find more search providers to add Google to the list.
- Afterwards click on Google and select Set as default.
- And select Bing and click Remove.
- Now restart your Internet Explorer.
On Windows Edge
If your default browser is Windows Edge then follow these lines:
- For this also first open Edge, select the three-dots menu
- And choose Settings.
- Then scroll down to select View advanced settings.
- Under the Search in the address bar with Bing section, click Change search engine.
- Afterwards choose Google and click on Set as Default.
In this article we have try to define “how to remove bing from default search engine”. Hope you are like it! Thanks for reading this article.