If you are keep to learn scan from printer to computer we’ve compiled a useful step-by-step which help you to get you familiar with the process of scanning a document on a printer and includes relevant steps for scanning using either Windows. o help, we’ve put together some useful tips and good-to-know advice to demonstrate read complete article.
How to Scan from Printer to Windows ?
There are mainly two programs you can use to scan from a printer or a scanner on Windows. Pick one according to your preference.
Scan Through Windows Fax and Scan:
- Launch the Run command and enter wfs.
- Click Scan from the lower portion and click on the New Scan.
- If your correct printer does not show up under Scanner, click Change.
- Select the printer > OK and set the rest of the options.
- Click Preview to check for adjustments and Scan.
You’ll find the scanned file inside C:\Users\ “username” \Documents\Scanned Documents.
Use Windows Scan App:
- Press Win + I to open Settings.
- Go to Devices or Bluetooth & devices > Printers & scanners > printer > Manage.
- Set the drop-down list to the scanner and click Open scanner.
- Choose the Source, File type, and Save location.
- Select Preview to view the image and make any final changes.
- Hit Scan.
- Click on the ‘start’ logo and search for the scan app by typing in the search bar.
- Select New Scan option so that new window will appear in front of you.
- Check scanner details – Your scanner should read ‘Canon’ as well as the model number of your printer. You can also change the details.
- Select document type – Click on the ‘profile’ and selecting from the drop-down box.
- Select document color – Select the ‘color format’ drop-down option and choosing between color or Black and White.
- Select file type – Select the ‘File Type’ drop-down option and selecting from the available options.
- Modify other options – You may be able to modify other elements before previewing your document.
- Preview – Ensure you take an advanced look at your document by clicking preview.
- Click scan – Click scan and locate the scanned file at a later date by following: Start > File Explorer > Click the Documents folder > Double-click on the Scanned Documents folder.