Printer is offline how to get online
To get online Printer is offline troubleshooting can be used with all types of printers including Brother, Canon, Epson, HP and plenty more. However a printer appearing as “ Offline ” error can also be down to problems with your printer driver or software.
Nobody can misuse it, and if you have kids at home who keep printing casually, you can block the access. You may have forgotten about turning it offline.
- Restart Printer & Check for connectivity
- Change Printer Status
- Run Printer Troubleshooter
- Remove and Add Printer
- Network Printer troubleshooting.
How to get printer online when it shows offline ?
Here, we discuss the solutions of this troubleshoot.
1] Restart Printer & Check for connectivity :
Try turning off, wait about 1 minute, and check if that resolved the problem. Make sure the printer is connected to a power source, it is turned on, and it is connected to the computer. Check the ethernet cable or the wireless connection. Make sure to check the USB cable and the USB port and fix this first.
2] Change Printer Status :
- Open Windows Settings (Win + 1)
- Navigate to Devices < Printers and Scanners.
- Select the printer < Open queue.
- Click on Printer Offline and confirm.
- You may have to clear the print queue before you can change the status. While this will fix most of the cases, in case it doesn’t, follow the rest of the tips to restore the Printer to online status.
3] Run Printer Troubleshooter :
Printer Troubleshooter can help resolve driver issues, connectivity issues, restart printer-related services, and more.
- Go to Settings > Update and Security > Troubleshoot.
- Select Printer Troubleshooter, and run it.
- It should help you fix the offline status of the printer.
4] Remove and Add Printer :
- Unplug the printer from the computer and detach all the cables.
- Go to Devices > Printers and Scanners.
- Select the printer you intend to remove > click on Remove device.
- Plug the printer back and install the driver as well.
- The reinstallation will restore Printer to online status.
5] Network Printer troubleshooting :
If the printer is working from a different computer, and not from your computer, its time, you troubleshoot network issues. It could be a firewall issue as well, but then that would mean somebody has blocked it intentionally.