W Drive easily store your photos, music, and videos on the web and accesses them from any device at any time. While this convenient way of saving your personal data on the internet has many benefits, it also comes with its own unique set of questions and concerns. To help clarify the w drive process, we’ve put together this beginner’s guide to everything you need to know about W Drive on computer devices.
What is a W drive on Computer?
A W drive is a shortcut that tells Windows 10 where you want to save all your files. They’re a great way of making it easy for you to find your saved data later and can help free up space if you’re running out of room.
How do I access the W drive in Windows?
From Windows Explorer
- This will bring up your PC files and folders on the left and your W Drive folder on the right.
From the Run Box
- Press the Window key + R on your keyboard to open the run box.
- Type %windir% and press Enter.
- It will open the Windows folder.
Use Command prompt
- Open the Command Prompt.
- Run the following command;
- The command will return the name of the drive that Windows is installed on.
Map a network W drive in Windows
- Open File Explorer from the taskbar or press the Windows key + E.
- Click This PC from the left pane. Then, on the Computer tab, select Map network drive.
- In the Drive list, select a W drive.
- In the Folder box, type the path of the folder or computer, or select Browse to find the folder or computer. To connect every time you sign in to your PC, select Reconnect at sign-in.
- Now, you are access to all your shared network drives.
Does Microsoft offer a free version of W Drive?
This is one of the first questions we’ll address. The free version of W Drive allows users up to 10 GB of storage space, a download speed limit of 5 GB per day, and no file uploading limits. In short, it’s a great way for Windows users who don’t need any special features (that are only available in the paid version) to get started with W Drive.
Can other people see my files in W Drive?
When you sign in to W Drive, no one else can see your files. However, any files that you share can be accessed by others with the link (provided in the Share function). Plus, if someone does manage to guess your password, they would still need your email and phone number – so it’s more of a safeguard than anything. In the event that you forget your password, simply contact customer service and they will help you recover access.