A keystroke is one touch of one of the keys on a computer or typewriter keyboard. A keystroke is typing one character on a keyboard. When you press a key on the keyboard, you perform a keystroke. The keystroke is an important component considering typing speed, keystroke logging, hardware, software, acoustic analysis and other studies based on human-computer interaction. With keystrokes different actions can be completed in the operating system and software applications. Typing speed can be measured in keystrokes per hour or keystrokes per minute. Keystrokes are frequently used as input.
What is Keystrokes Per Hour
Keystrokes per hour is 5400 keystrokes, it means press 5400 keys per hour or 90 keys per minute. The short form of keystrokes per hour is KSPH and keystrokes per minute is KSPM. Keystrokes per hour (KSPH) or keystrokes per minute (KSPM) are used to measure typing speed instead of words per minute (WPM).
For example : Typing the word “is” 50 times doesn’t take quite as long as typing “Continuous” 50 times.
|WPM||the number of words per minute you currently type|
|5||the average number of characters (keystokes) in most typed words|
|50||the expected number of minutes an operator enters data in an hour|
|KPH||keystrokes per hour is estimated after multiplying the first three numbers together|
|Formula :||(wpm x 5) x 50 = ksph|
How to Evaluate Keystrokes Per Hour (KSPH)
We can Evaluate KSPH using CPM Calculator or WPM Calculator.
Steps to Calculate KSPH Using CPM Calculator
- First you need to know either your words per minute (WPM) or your characters per minute (CPM) rate.
- Now calculate CPM with the use of an online tool. Online tools display a paragraph or more of text and ask you to type it. Online tool tracks how long it takes you to type the text or paragraph.
- Now that you have keystrokes per hour form the CPM calculator divide your result (KSPH) by 60. Now, you have calculated keystrokes per minute (KSPM).
- Divide your keystrokes per minute by 5 to calculate your Words per minute (WPM).
You can use sites like KeyHero.com, LiveChatInc.com, OmniCalculator.com and SpeedTypingOnline.com to test and calculate your CPM.
Steps to Calculate KSPH Using WPM Calculator
- First you need to know your words per minute (WPM) rate.
- To calculate WPM rate, you can use sites like KeyHero.com, LiveChatInc.com, OmniCalculator.com and SpeedTypingOnline.com.
- If you want to calculate WPM rate manually, search a script online, open a Word Processor and a timer app, and typing that script for 60 seconds.
- Count the number of words typed; this is your WPM.
To get details about What is Num Lock Key on keyboard. Click Here