A high-level definition
- It is a scripting or programming language that allows you to implement complex features on web pages.
- Every so often a web page does much more than just sit there and display static information for you to view.
- Timely content updates, interactive maps, animated 2D/3D graphics display, scrolling video jukebox, etc.
- This is the third layer of the layer cake of standard web technologies, two of which (HTML and CSS) we cover in more detail in other parts of the learning area.
- HTML: HTML is the markup language that we use to structure and give meaning to our web content, for example defining paragraphs, headings, and data tables, or embedding images and videos on the page.
- CSS: CSS is a language of style rules that we use to apply styling to our HTML content, for example setting background colors and fonts, and laying out our content in multiple columns.
Adding interactive behavior to web pages :
It allows users to interact with web pages. There’s almost no limit to what you can do with it on a web page – these are just a few examples:
- Show or hide more information with the click of a button
- Change the color of button when mouse hovers over it
- Slide through the carousel of images on the homepage
- Zoom in or out of an image
- Display a timer or countdown on a website
- Play audio and video on the web page
- display animation
- Using the Drop-Down Hamburger Menu
Web and mobile app creation :
Related: how to convert csv file to json format in java
Creating Web Servers and Developing Server Applications :
Game Development :
HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) is the most basic building block of the web. It defines the meaning and structure of web content. It is a combination of hypertext and markup language. Hypertext defines the link between web pages.
Related: html converter
For example, HTML tags have event attributes that allow you to execute some code inline when an event is starting. Here’s what I mean :
Related: how to start an html document
- script.js can be in the same directory as index.html, or it can be obtained from another website. For the latter, you need to pass the full URL (https://…/script.js).
- Interactivity: These websites are more interactive and engaging for the users as the language creates richer and more attractive interfaces.
- Speed: Websites will load and operate at higher speeds because they can be run quickly in the browser, reducing the demand on the server.
- Ease: It is easy to implement and often requires only a basic level of knowledge to use.
- Integration: It works well with most other programming languages, making it possible to integrate into various applications.