Where is the fingerprint sensor on dell laptop ?
Fingerprint sensor is a kind of sensor used in fingerprint detection device. These devices are mainly inbuilt in fingerprint detection module and are used for computer security. The key features of this device mainly include accuracy, superior performance, robustness based on exclusive fingerprint biometric technology. Both the fingerprint scanners are an extremely secure and suitable tool for security rather than a secret word reader. Because passwords are easy to scan and difficult to remember.
Therefore, it is better to use a USB based fingerprint reader or scanner using biometric software for verification, identification and authentication, which allows your fingerprint to perform similarly to a digital password. These passwords cannot be forgotten, lost or stolen.
Features of Fingerprint Sensor
- It includes image collection as well as chip algorithm.
- The fingerprint reader can be low magnification and fixed in a range of final products.
- Low power usage, excellent performance, small in size and low cost
- The optical technology used is professional and precise module developed technology.
- Image processing capabilities are good, and can effectively capture images up to 500 dpi resolution.
What is fingerprint sensor working principle?
The working principle of the fingerprint sensor mainly depends on the processing. Fingerprint processing mainly includes two elements, enrollment and matching. In fingerprint enrollment, each user is required to hold the finger twice.
So that the system processes the finger images as well as checks to generate a pattern of the finger and it will be stored. When matching, a user places a finger using an optical sensor, the system will generate a pattern of the finger and compare it to the finger library template.
For 1:1 fingerprint matching, the system will evaluate the exiting finger with a precise pattern that has been selected within the module. Similarly, for 1:N matching, the scanning system will look for the entire finger record for finger matching. In both the cases, the scanning system will go back to the respective result, success otherwise will crash.
R305 Fingerprint Sensor Module
There are different types of fingerprint modules available in the market like R305, R307. For a better understanding of this sensor, here we are going to discuss an overview of R305 fingerprint sensor module.
The R305 is one kind of fingerprint sensor module used in biometrics for security in fingerprint detection as well as verification. These devices are mainly used in safes where there is a high-powered DSP chip used in the rendering of image, feature-finding, searching and calculation by connecting it to any microcontroller with the help of TTL serial, & send data packets to get photos, notice prints, search and hash. The enrollment of new fingers can be stored directly within the flash memory of on board.
How do you change your Dell laptop’s fingerprint settings ?
- You can access your phone’s settings by opening the Settings app.
- To access Security, tap Security.
- To access Nexus Imprint, tap the Nexus tab.
- If you want to use your backup screen lock method, you can scan your current fingerprint.
- You can add a new fingerprint or remove an existing fingerprint. To add a new fingerprint, tap Add fingerprint. To delete an existing fingerprint, tap Delete.
How do you reset your fingerprint on a laptop?
To open Settings, hold down the Windows key and I at the same time. You can sign in by clicking Accounts and then selecting Sign-in. Select Remove from the list of fingerprint or facial recognition options. After that, click Get Started and follow the on-screen instructions to reset your fingerprint and facial recognition.
How to change your fingerprint password on Windows 10 Dell ?
- You can access your accounts by going to Settings > Accounts.
- You can set up your fingerprint by clicking Set Up in the Fingerprint section of Windows Hello.
- You can get started by clicking on Get Started.
- You will need to enter your PIN.
- A fingerprint reader will be installed on your finger.
- You can repeat the process by adding a second finger to the process or closing the program.
Specification of fingerprint sensor
The specifications of this sensor include the following.
- Fingerprint sensor is an optical type
- The interface is USB1.1 / TTL Logical Level (UART)
- Scanning speed 0.5 sec. Is
- Verification speed 0.3 sec. Is
- Capacity storage 1000. Is
- Security Level 5. Is
- RS232’s baud rate is 4800BPS ~115200BPS variable
- Typical current is 50 mA, and peak is 80mA. Is
- Related Technique 1:n . Is
- Fixed Indicator -15KV Bright Green Backlight
- Sensor life is 100 million times
- Dimensions 44.1 X 20 X 23.5 mm. Is
- Character file size is 256 bytes
- Template size is 512 bytes
- FRR (False Rejection Rate) is < 1.0%
- FAR (False Acceptance Rate) is 0.001%
- Voltage 4.2 to 6.0 VDC. Is
- Operating ambient temperature ranges from -20°C to 40°C
With ComputerSolve, you can get more details related to Dell laptops by visiting – dell laptop function keys , dell laptop won’t connect to wifi , turn on wifi on dell laptop